I'm worried this is something more serious

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been suffering from headaches accompanied by blurred vision and nausea for days now and they don't seem to be going away. I'm also getting this weird, dream like feeling and really confused. Like forgetting things and not being able to think of what I was going to do/say. I always struggle to find the right word to say anything anymore and I sit there for ages getting more and more distressed because I can't. I'm also constantly tired and really thirsty and I don't have much of an appetite for food anymore. Yet other times I'll be starving!

Could this be something more serious like a brain tumour? Because I can't get the thought out of my head now sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If you're concerned then go visit your GP, based on your symptoms I don't think it's a brain tumour so don't worry yourself too much. I know you don't have much of an appetite but try and eat 3 meals a day which should help the nausea but if it still doesn't subside book an appointment with your GP. What do you experience with your dream like experience because I think I've had a similar feeling? 
    • Posted

It's like I'm not really part of the world, like I can't interact with people, the world around me as I don't exist. Very bizarre and distressing! It almost feels like you're drunk!
    • Posted

Very strange I kind of get the drunk feeling I just feel very dizzy and hear this voice, usually female, as if someone is whispering or singing to me but I never know what they are saying all so bizarre, how long does it usually last? 
    • Posted

I used to get these voices a lot when I was younger, about thirteen or so! Took me a whole to understand that it was anxiety that was making it happen. It can usually last anything from 5 minutes to two hours. It's lasted a whole day before!
  • Posted

hi helloworld. i'd say it's important that u see ur GP. there maybe a simple explaination for ur symptoms like 'unstable blood sugars' etc. a few blood test will rule out a number of possibilities. do make an appoinment.
  • Posted

What you're describing sounds just like anxiety. I have all of those symptoms as well when I have anxiety or a panic attack. I know this may seem hard right now but I was in the same boat you were in just this past year and what has helped me was accepting that I have anxiety and it's not going away...you just have to manage it better and come to terms first. Secondly, try focusing on just yourself and finding coping mechanisms that will help you both for the short and Long run. Like when I get an anxiety attack and start having blurry vision, try submerging your face in ice water. It shocks your fight or flight response and over powers the area of your brain in which the anxiety comes from. Also try meditation...it's a great way to relax the mind and body. You can really find some peace within that. ask questions if you want to! I'd be glad to give you more advice
  • Posted

SEE YOUR GP 

my freind.

I am more than confident you do not have a brain tumor, you have anxiety , which equals head games and lires that convince us our world is falling apart.

Id be seeing a Dr today not on the 22nd.

PJ

• Posted

I think it sounds as if your getting side efects from a medication your on. I suggest any concerns see your Dr.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.