I may have Acid reflux ??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 21 year old male. I have been on an off meds for anxiety and insomnia as my doctor narrowed down what worked. That is all done.

The issue now is for about 4-5 days I have had weird feelings. When I eat I feel abdominal pain, but not with all foods. I seem to be fine with jello or soup.

Milk, greasy food and heavy thick meals seem to set it off. Once I set it off, it stays lightly noticeable for the rest of the day.

I haven't had to vomit and have had maybe only slight changes in stool but nothing too crazy.

I passed it off as acid reflux but having the symptoms for a week concerns me as I have never had it before.

Overall: abdominal pain, 1 day was nausea at the end of the night, no vomit, occasional sour tasting burps, and caffeine seems to cause chest pain if i drink to fast.

Any ideas? Please and thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Update. Day 6 near vomitting all day, much more gas and abdominal pain. Not dizziness but a few m9ments of being light headed.
    • Posted

Could it be that you are becoming intolerant to dairy products?
  • Posted

Are considering a change of diet even just as a try out? A few of the things you mention Ive had to cut out as they cause symptoms. My diet now is pretty bland compared to not too long ago. So have a think about staying off: Tea/coffee-fatty foods-fried foods-tomatoes-onions-alcohol-carbonated drinks also try not to  smoke if you do already. This list will probably be debatable and added to as we are all different but its been a fairly common list from what Ive read in my short time with this disease. 
  • Posted

Follow up. So after 7 weeks between different dial and error attempts of medication for anxiety and insomnia, my doctor is trying to figure out but I am convinced i may just be allergic to a common ingrediet of some kind in antidepressants. Because if that is not the case then if have to have either GETS, intolerance, or a serious stomach issue. I have had 2 CT scans and an upper body xray plus blood work all clean across these 7 weeks. So my options and getting small for what could be going on. I have been told to take the risk and cut the meds cold turkey. The withdrawals may end up being rough but if it is an allergy than tapering could end up worse. Gotta love medicine
  • Posted

Trial* GERD* SORRY I type fast when I panic a bit
  • Posted

I have had similar symptoms. As a mater of fact milk set some bloating and gas problems off just last night. I do suffer from anxiety and do believe that as long as I don't have this under control, it is crucial that I watch carefully what I eat. I meditate which helps some with the anxiety, but again, as long as the anixiety isn't under control, I must watch carefully what I eat . You should do the same by making a mental note as to what sets this off and find a way to relax more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.