I MAY HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL OF SOLUTIONS!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey Ladies! I want to start off by saying I am so so sorry you have made your way to this page, you are now part of a club that nobody wants to be in. The good thing is that after doing so much research this is a problem that is EXTREMELY common so know that you are not alone. But again I'm so sorry because there is nothing worse than not feeling 100% down der... 

I want to share my story because I believe I have found the solution to handling these terrible things! I just recently got over my second bartholin gland blockage and after surviving my first one, the onset feelings of another one returning immediately broke me down into tears. I had gotten my first blockage a month ago and tried every remedy in the book to get it to go away. I am currently living abroad and this happened when I was home in the States visiting. On day 4 the abscess had gotten to the size of a golf ball and it was extremely painful and infected to the point where I could not walk and needed to be placed into the car to take me to the hospital. 

I went to the emergency room and they cut open the abscess. They needed to give me an anesthetic and I am not lying when I say it was the most painful thing I had ever experienced in my life!!! (But keep in mind in my case my glad was super infected) The good thing was that once the doctor cut me open I instantly felt relief and it was a little tender for a few days but I regained my mobility instantly and the pain was gone! 

Now that was my first experience and what I had hoped would be my last but then about 2 months later I had another one on the same side and started freaking out thinking that I may have to re-live what was one of the worst days of my life. I tried everything!! I did the remedies talked about in this forum with the turmeric, coconut oil, baking soda, tea tree oil, etc. I was determined to not have to have a similar fate as last time and wanted to get rid of it on my own. Not to mention this time I was back in Peru and terrified at how doctors may handle it here in South America. However with all my sitz baths and remedies that I tried the abscess only kept getting bigger. The difference this time though was that it wasn't as infected so I wasn't in as much pain as the last time. On the 3rd day I finally just said f**** it, I need to see a doctor. The doctor that checked me out said it was infected so he didn't want to cut it right away. He gave me 3 prescriptions to take of antibiotics (will post them at the bottom of my post) to help the infection and said I may not even have to come back in a week. 

I was so excited that I may have avoided getting cut open but weary because I had looked high and low on the internet and seemed to only find that websites and blogs were saying the only real cure for the blockage is draining the glad. So I was nervous the pills may not work but wanted to be optimistic.. AND THEY DID!!!! It took some time but on day 5 I started to feel normal again and a week on the dot I was all better and the abscess had gone down on its own!!!!! 

I went for a follow up to a different doctor and she was amazing and opened my eyes to using holistic medicine. I told her about the remedies I had come across online that didn't work for me and she gave me a list of plants and herbs to use when you start to feel these symptoms coming on and what to do if you have them (will also post below!). 

So there you have it I ended up finding two different approaches to handling these horrible things and will post them below in hopes that they may help someone else going through this pain. I just want to say before that I am no doctor and I really advise that consult your doctor before attempting to medicate yourself!! 

***One important word of advice from my experience... 

DON'T HESITATE!!! I know some of you (like myself) may try anything to avoid having to go to the doctors because it's not fun and especially when it has to do with something from down there but what I have learned from my experiences is that it's worth just bitting the bullet and getting your situation looked at before it has the potential to get really infected. 

*These pills worked for me but everyone's bodies work differently so please just to be safe, please check with your doctor before taking these medicines and even show them the prescription to see what they say*

Prescription(1 week) : *These were the names in Spanish* 

1. doxycycline 100mg every 12hrs (14 caps)

2. Metronidazole (Flagyl) 500mg every 8hrs  (21caps)

3. Ketoprofen 100mg 12 (caps)

every 8hrs for the first 3 days 

then every 12hrs 

My second OBGYN prescribed me these natural herbs: 

Spanish/English

1.llanten /plantain 

2.savila/ aloe (raw) 

3.matico / matic 

Do a sitz bath 20-30min twice a day with very warm water with these three herbs. 

First boiling water and then put the leaves in the pot and let them sit for 10 minutes. Then take one of the leaves and put it directly on the gland and let it stay there for 24 hours. 

Also, it is advised to give gentle but firm massages to the gland breathing deep and relaxing. 

These should clear up the symptoms in a few days!

I hope either or both of these treatments can help you and anyone else suffering from these terrible abscesses. Best of luck!!! xxxx

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Thank you!

I followed the medicine prescription and it helped me a lot. 

Mine was already big and it burst by it self.

I wish no woman to ever have this...thing or other problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.