I may have lymes disease, but can’t seek hospital for 6 days.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve got a bullseye rash, and stayed on a farm in Italy for a few days which would make me an increased risk(?). I don’t recall seeing a tick, so I’m a little confused however none of my mosquito bites look like that. 

I cannot seek medical attention until I’m back in England (6 days). Will I be okay to wait and seek medical attention once I’m home? 

Below is a link to another forum where I posted pictures of the rash: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/medical/comments/93f6l4/mosquito_reaction_or_lymes_disease/

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary,

Looked at your pic, unfortunately that really does look like a bullseye rash. I didn't see the tick which bit me either, just the rash later. Ideally you need to seek treatment as soon as possible (to try and avoid chronic lyme). Put aside any thoughts of inconvenience/spoiling your holiday and get to the doc - if lyme and other co-infections such as bartonella/babesia, take hold, it can be years of dealing with (don't want to freak you out, but just to convey the importance - i had a course of antibiotics a few days after being bitten and still got chronic lyme). In the meantime try googling alternative treatments for lyme - these really helped me (unfortunately I can't go into details as my comment will be deleted, but wanted to raise as they've made the diff between being bed ridden and getting back out to work). Best of luck, unfortunately this is a really complex illness to get - on your other post you said a Doctor friend said it's nothing to worry about - I'm sure they mean well but please trust your own instincts on this and research as much as you can.

• Posted

6 days will not make a difference - I assume by now you've been tested, IF your test results were negative, find a LLMD "Lyme Literate Medical Doctor" (not easily found so travel might be involved), and get lab test(s). 

LymeAid UK can set that up. 

Hopefully all turns out negative, but I ALWAYS recommend taking being assumptive you are infected if any possibility you could be. I had to insist to son's doctor, stating glad to pay out of pocket with no insurance if neccesary and went back and forth for 10 minutes til he did. Nurse called three days later with positive results (he had text book bulls eyes all over torso too which made me wonder how many walked out of this doctors office mis-diagnosed). We went to new doc with test results who was much more engaged fyi.

Anyway, do NOT listen to anyone who says that Lyme is rare or blown out of proportion by internet forums, etc.

The CDC increased its estimates of undiagnosed cases (10 to 1 undiagnosed to diagnosed cases in target areas of the USA for example) and I understand research being done on the possibility that Borrelia Spyrochete could be sexually transmitted (IF that is determined, and I'm not implying it will be, but IF it turns out that is the case, Lyme will not doubt zoom to the top of world's most concerning infectious diseases).

Morgellons Disease is now proven - I defy any skeptical doctor to show evidence otherwise - Four recent independently run studies on 3 different continents, came up with exactly the same results and conclusion that Morgellons is real, and not delusional - it's a form of human body's response to Lyme tick-born disease (98% plus test patients tested positive for Lyme), with results published over past 24 months (more to come), dispelling the highly contested CDC / Mayo Clinic study that concluded it was self-inflected and all patients were delusional.

Thankfully, research money on Lyme and Morgellons is increasing (never enough though), and over the next couple of years, we will see more appropriate and accurate acceptence by physicians about these diseases.

Take the safe route - get PROPER tests done and stay informed - Treatment early is much more likely to result in eradication, and elimination of late-stage possibility (where most people end-up simply because they were mis-diagnosed or had ineffective testing done). Early response is huge plus on your side (early being in first three months, the earlier the better).

Hope this helps you and others 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.