I meant 7 day antibiotic!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sorry typo..I meant 7 day antibiotic.I was reading the discussion on driving. drove a short ways today to pick up Chinese even after getting confused placing the order on the phone. My husband says I can drive..why not...doctor's discharge said after stop taking narcotic pain med..which I take before bed now. Now I read about possibly not being able to safely make an emergecy stop and insurance prohibitions. I think I need to tell my husband I cannot safely drive. So far I have driven 3 times since 5 days post op. Once to the doctors to be tested for a uti while my hubby took a motorcycle drive stating "you have a car."

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzanne,

Repair ops are major surgery, and as such the internal tissues take a minimum time to heal and deeper tissues can take months.

When we walk our pelvic floor supports the weight of our pelvic organs and therefor that is why we rest, rest and rest some more while internal tissues are healing especially if we want the surgery to be sucessfull.

please be careful, we should not be doing anything for the first 2 weeks as with any other surgery and thereafter be very careful ,

good luck x

• Posted

its what you're comfortable and confident with, tho a couple of weeks minimum is probably sensible.

i was given the impression you cant damage yourself but it could be painful if you overdo it.

• Posted

Hi Pollyward ,

The reason I caution is that if your pelvic floor has failed its because it is weak and you may always have to be careful from now on .

I personally was given very little advise after a front repair and hysterectomy, and needless to say my repair failed and had the front redone along with back repair only a few years later.

so wish I had known more and been so much careful first time round as you always have the best outcome after first repair x

• Posted

HI

I had very large posterior repair and smaller anterior repair in March of this year, and was told not to drive initially for 4/6 weeks because of emergency stop This was extended to 8 weeks as i got very bad infection four weeks post op and had to be re admitted. I agree with the previous comment - this is major surgery even though most of your scars are inside you need to take things easy.

I had open abdominal hysterectomy the previous year and was back at work 5 1/2 weeks later, The repair should have been the easier surgery to recover from but I had a very rough recovery - I'm fine now but we are all different and heal differently

please rest to let your internal wound heal, be selfish and let others help honey xx

• Posted

WOW!!!!! just seen this next post, sounds like you have not even been given the basic recovery advice from the hospital. That is so bad.

• Posted

I so wish your husband could have his scrotum pulled up tightly, the skin cut off and pulled back together and stitched up in his rectum, his penis turned inside out and stitched back together, then see how much he would like to get on his motorbike and go to the doctors, less than a fortnight later. Maybe you should find a good youtube video of the procedure youve just had and get him to watch it. Its not pretty. He should be looking after you.

• Posted

Well said Laura, men have no idea what we women have ti go through x

• Posted

Not a clue Phyl, makes me so angry reading this, the poor lady.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.