i might as well go back to the gym!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

im always in pain so i might as well be in pain working out right?..... has anyone been told not to do this or has done it and caused any problems? i just want my llife back... Ive lost 2 stone on slimming world and my skin is saggy so im missing the gym so bad. sad im that fed up about it i feel i should just get on with life and deal with the pain it throws at me xxxx any comments are helpful xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Whats your history peasblossom?

• Posted

i was admitted 4 weeks ago with suspected appendicitus which turned out to be  cyst on my ovary measuring 3 cm. i was in 4 days and then sent home.. since i left ive bled constantly and back ache and stomach cramps. Feel bloated most of the time and my hormones are through the roof. Ive been on the depo for years so i dont even ovarlate so i cant understand how it can be a large folicle. the pains have started to ease since i finally stopped bleeding 2 days ago. Im just waiting to bleed again and then the pains will come much stronger. I feel i need to get on with it now as i can move around abit better as the codiene is helping xxx hope thats enough info for ya hun and ty xxx
    • Posted

I'm no expert but I think you need to be a little more patient. It can take up to six weeks to recover from surgery as there is healing that needs to go on .Did you have a cyst removed or the ovary itself? I had both ovaries removed last November. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

• Posted

No hun ive not even been seen by the gyne yet... app is 15th june and ive already been 4 weeks in pain xx  i just dont know whether im gonna do any damage to myself as even walking alot seems to hurt me and  make me very very tired xx 
  • Posted

Hi there!

I'm Vee! So let me tell you a bit of my story.

I was admitted last March 21st due to lower abdominal pain, which turned out to be an 8cmx9cm cyst on my ovary. I was told to have the operation as soon as possible, and scheduled myself on April 28th all because I had to finish the INSANITY program.

I really don't know if it's good or bad for me at that time and I didn't bother to ask my ob-gyne probably because I was dead serious about completing Shaun T's workout program before I enter the world of restricted mobility (post-op).  BUT I had to pace myself while doing the workouts, and had to stop here and there, since I felt the cyst getting larger as the days went by and I don't want it to burst or something.

Personally, I think it did good for me since the pain didn't come back (not until the day of the surgery), and I was feeling good and well (despite the bloating caused by the cyst) while waiting for the surgery. I think being active helped me recover faster post-surgery as well.

You should really ask your doctor if it's okay for you to do so though, to be safe. But if it pains you to workout, then please don't. Listen to your body, it knows better. :D

• Posted

Thankyou vee for yor support ..i do have a new symptom that started last week where my nipples hurt? have you found this with yourself hun?. As for my cyst i believe its getting bigger as i have no infections and yet and going for a wee alot and when i need to go it feels a rush.. I get alot of pressure almost like when i was pregnant, so something must be pressing on my bladder to cause this. aswell as a little pains i get i havent bled for over a week now so ill have to see when that starts again xx thank for sharing your story xxx
    • Posted

Now that you mentioned it, I did have uncomfy moments with my breasts but I just disregarded it as my hormones going whacko. But they really didn't hurt (or I just had high pain tolerance).

Back when I had the cyst, I really didn't notice having to wee a lot as well. Probably because I drank a loooooooot of water, and attributed that (instead of the cyst) to the increase in urination. But the swelling though, it felt like I was full all the time, when I don't really eat much.

And you're always welcome! I know how much reading can help lessen the anxiety, it really helped me!

Do update from time to time, as I would love to hear from you!

smile

Hope all goes well!

• Posted

Thankyou love... yes my anxiety isnt good atm aswell as depression is setting in... but i do believe that its my hormones that are playing a big part in that xxx i just want it gone and to feel normall again.... That and the gallstones and hernia im just fed up and want to go back to the gym but darent. And the fact im that tired half the time i couldnt anyways xx
    • Posted

Everything will be alright! And always, always listen to your body. When your appointment comes, ask whatever comes to mind, know all your options, and get things clear!

I will be praying and hoping for the best outcome for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.