I might have arthritis. What tests are essential for diagnosis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 33 year old male. My foot have started hurting for some time now whenever i walk. My orthopaedic doctor ruled out plantar fasciitis and said it might be vitamin d deficiency. I want to get a second opinion and I feel my other symptoms lean towards arthritis.

My question is, what blood tests or other body scans are essential to effectively diagnose arthritis ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

did the ortho take x-rays. these often show early signs of arthritis. i would see a podiatrist they only have advanced knowledge on all feet problems. for vit-d a blood test can answer if levels are low.

of course according to standard test evaluations across the board many are low in vit d especially this time of year and should be added as a daily vit.

last slways wear shoes with good supportive arches.

• Edited

there are so many different tests and types of arthritis. do a search and you'll find many.

see a rheumatologist they will help get you on track.

• Edited

There are several tests available from x-rays to CT scans to arthoscopy. Depending on your age, pain and mobility a rheumatologist would suggest the test(s) to be done for prognosis.

• Edited

Diagnosis of arthritis typically involves a combination of medical history, physical examination, and lab tests. The following tests are often used to diagnose arthritis:

**Blood tests:

Complete Blood Count (CBC)

Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)

C-Reactive Protein (CRP)

Rheumatoid Factor (RF)

Anti-Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide (Anti-CCP)

HLA-B27

Imaging tests:

**X-rays

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)

Computed Tomography (CT) scan

Joint fluid analysis: A sample of joint fluid can be taken and tested for signs of inflammation and infection.

It is important to note that no single test can definitively diagnose arthritis, so the diagnosis is often made based on the results of multiple tests, in conjunction with the patient's symptoms and physical examination findings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.