I miss my old self. i was once trully happy....cant remember what happiness feels like anymore.

Posted , 4 users are following.

started all of a sudden..... everything i did that interests me before doesnt seem to interest me anymore. iam not sleeping anymore, i dont feel beautiful anymore infact i spend all day worrying about how iam not sleeping and i end up awake all night anad then i wake looking and feeling terrible. i was genuinely hapy before, nothing seemed to bother me, i was beautiful as per the compliments and i was happy, had my masters so feeling quite accomplished. all of a sudden i finished my program had a lot of free time, my boyfriend moved to another state, i started having negative thoughts untill that is all i basically think about now. my work is not fulfilling and even at work i hear comments like u look tired etc etc that dont just boast my self esteem at all. my married boss is trying to have an affair with me and it feels like i should just give in since nobody wants me either way. this feelings are all new strange and depressing because this time around last year i was the complete opposite, joyful, full of life, enjoyed hanging out, seeing good movies, shopping, making beautiful hairdo and just looking beautiful. HELP ANYBODY PLEASE HELP.

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

plus iam in my mid twenties.
    • Posted

U need to see a Dr for this and perhaps a trained person to speak with for therapy,

But if there is one bit of advice I can give U is Dont chrat don't have the affair, once it's over it will add to your depression state making U axious and parro , U will not eventually want to leave the house Incase u bump into him? ??An with him being your boss that will mean U willeave your job, then this will add pressure to financial problems. I was depressed from loosing my job I sought help from a man who used my depression to get sex from me it lasted 4-5 maybe 6 months till I called it of ?he tried to black mail me but I had nothing to lose so I left him ??an he never went threw with what he was threatening me with but now later in 6 years later im suffering because I'm worried if I ho out I will bump into ppl who he knows who I know and it plays a big part on me not wanting to be a normal 29 year old please don't give your dignity , I wish I never 😢

• Posted

Iam sorry about how you feel dear and yeah thanks for the advice. Thing is my job is already like on the line because he is my direct boss and these days whatever i do, i dont do it well in his eyes. But it is still better to lose the job than to have an affair with him, i know that now.

itz crazy how people are willng to take advantage of your depressed state and feign emotions they dont really feel just to get you in bed. ofcourse one soon realises that the so called relationship is baseless.

• Posted

It is, it's disgusting ?home ppl can pray on those that are low/down/depressed however if you feel you don't like being there why don't you just leave pack your bags and go to live with your bf ) is this possible? I think you need a good change x

• Posted

okay i thought about this (visiting my boyfriend) but right now i feel so so crappy, iam not sleeping well most especially and i have this feeling that he might not get how iam feeling. because i get easily irrittaed these days i feel going there right now might be counter productive.
  • Posted

Eunice

You do not give any information regarding the treatment for Depression, so I will take that you have not discussed this health problem with your GP.

You say your boyfriend has moved to a different State, are you still together ?

One of the worst things you could do is have an affair with your Married Boss, that could most probably lead to you loosing your job and that would just make matters worse.

Before you see your Doctor, make a list of all your concerns and what is making you feel so low, that will allow you to get the most of your time allowcated so He can address your concerns

BOB

• Posted

I have not seen a doctor yet and it doesnt even make sense to me yet why iam feeling this low. plus i come from an area where depression is not completely acknowledged as something you should go through. no one, not friends not family, no one around me totally understands i dont know if i should even go and see any doctor. I joined this forum today and all i have been seeing and reading are stories of how the visits to the doctor  aint working or how they are placed on some different kinds of medications that are still not working. It is really not encouraging really. And yes an affair with my married boss is definately not what i need.

Regarding my boyfriend, we are still together but it is not like before and it is really hard because we did alot together when he was around, we saw virtually everyday, so his leaving was really hard on me. and we both work and he stays so far away now that weekend trips are not easy.

• Posted

Eunice

If you see your Doctor it will be on your terms and all I can say very few people who have not suffered depression will understand what a sufferer is going through.

Generally spewaking people who take medications will eventually get some benefit from them. The main problems are when you first start taking them then a further appointment where the medication will be increased. Then it becomes a waiting game as you wait for the drug to suppress the depression or Anxiety. We all need to be patient and allow sufficient time for the medications to work

Generally many sufferers will only have one attack in their lives while other suffers will have reoccurance at various times. Very few will be on a continuous dose throughout their lives, I am one of those because I am Chronically disabled.

A Course of CBT may help you talk out your concerns and if you feel it would be good for you ask your GP

Try Mindfulness Relaxation Techniue, see Related Information

Allways here

BOB

• Posted

Thanks alot Bob, i truly appreciate. Iam looking to explore other means for now. Other than medications i mean, so i would try the approach you suggested, doing abit of research on it right now. I would keep you posted, thanks for caring.
    • Posted

HI BOB

You talked about being chronically disabled, would you like to talk about it. i have a sister that is physically challenged and in adddition to this, she is deaf and dumb so i find it difficult knowing what goes on in her mind, and even how to help her.

• Posted

Eunice

I have done all my NHS Courses, also I have had Courses with Pain Management. They take you to courses on other various Departments and we are trained to take and control pain medication doses.

Also other Departments take patients in to explain different treatments and we are given training in Relaxation and Breathing Techniues.

I was also Information Volunteer for a Mental Health Charity for over ten years. 

Yes if you feel you can help me, that would be great, one of the courses I took was to be able to discuss my condition to Health Professionals so they have really gone to town with me over the years it has been very tireing.

How is your Sister managing ? Life can be hard for many who cannot get any form of relief.

My PsA covers most of my body and joints so I take a good tranche of medications including Opiates every day, It does get us all down as all is very tiring.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.