i miss u mom ;(

Posted , 5 users are following.

so yesterday i managed to leave the house with my bf to go hang out with our friends despite how anxious and loopy i felt. i had fun even tho i felt spaced out the whole time. on the way home i cried because of how badly i miss my mom whom died 3 years ago sad is it normal to not feel like yourself or feel like your really there anxious all the time when your depressed? this is my first time being depressed. plus my memory sucks i cant remember what i was gonna do a second ago. i started sertraline 17 days ago i hope it starts working soon ;/

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi Tammi, i still to this day get upset about my fathers death, he took his own life,

with regards to sertraline, it took me a long time, maybe upto a couple of months to stabalize, n now i always ensure i take them, as i knws i will be really down without them,

ive heard many ppl tell me, they take a while for ur system to work, however keep ur GP updated, an i hope things turn out better for u, in this coming year,

• Posted

Hi Tammi

I have been on Sertraline for about 6 or 7 months now and they have helped enormously. I lost my mum 7 yrs ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss her and wish I could get one of her hugs to say everything will be fine, but I remember the good times and they outweigh the sadness. It will get easier believe me. My tablets started kicking in after 5 weeks.

Take care smile

• Posted

thank u smile thats very hopeful im also sorry about your mom sad
  • Posted

I am sorry about your mother. Its not recover from any medicne because some relations never be forgotten in life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.