I missed a dose. Worst mistake of my life. Residual side effects?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I missed a dose on Friday and woke up Saturday morning vomiting with one of the worst headaches I've ever had. I thought I had a nasty hangover - but I don't drink. I spent that day in bed sleeping and couldn't keep my eyes open.

Since then my anxiety has been up and down. I've had multiple nasty panic attacks today and feel on edge and jittery. I also have lack of appetite.

Can missing a dose cause this? And how come the side effects from missing a dose are so bad?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi there, Lots of side effects if you miss a dose of Venlafaxine especially if you are on a high dose . I was on 300 mg a day.. when I missed a dose I didn't realise I had forgotten.. then I went for a couple of weeks not realising I'd forgotten.. I was behaving strangley..hyper.. paranoid.. forgetting to eat and more.. Not pleasant at all as people thought I was crazy.. I've managed to reduce my dose slowly to half.. I wish I'd never been given this drug.. hope this helps you..

• Posted

yes unfortunately they are the side effects of missing a dose. I use to be the exact same. so like i said take beads out a day and take 3 fish oils a day. 😁

• Posted

yup.

Once I forgot mine at home when I went to visit my Aunt. after one dat she saw the condition I was in and thought I was having a break down. Like seriously I thought the ER is where I needed to be.

i have seen others miss a dose of an SSRI. No where near this condition makes mw wonder what the heck it's doing to my body and mind

• Posted

well, Ive run out of advice except to say.. I would avoid Venlafaxine if at all possible.. Anything would be better than that drug.. I'm still too scared to reduce it any further.. as I still have depression.. I don't want anything else though.. been through a lot of different ones and they've not been much help either.. Hope this helps but Honestly.. Venlafaxine Has Messed Up My Life .. best of luck if you still keep taking it..

• Posted

Hi Irene,

Any person can safely get off of this medication.

HERE IS HOW TO DO IT

Study/Read up on various types of medication.

Talk to your doc about what might be a good anti-d(s) to try next. With your next course of anti-d(s) decided, proceed to talk to your doc about working on a reduction plan so that you can soon be off of the Effexor.

When your doc thinks it is time, they an prescribe the new anti-d(s) for you!

In addition a good doc knows that a person may have to try many types of anti-d(s) and/or combinations before finding the best medicine for each person! It is NOT a one drug fits all medical condition!

If your doc will not work well with you on this, you might want to consider getting a better doc.

I know that this is difficult to follow through on, when you are depressed , BUT you can do it!! I will pray for you.

• Posted

Hi - Yes they can and I have experienced this also. They are quick release drugs so unlike other anti d's they are in your system faster so when you are due your next dose and miss it your body reacts immediately. Its awful.

• Posted

exactly... I had no idea what was happening.. I couldn't understand why I was So depressed while on Venlafaxine ! It took a couple of weeks for me to realise I'd forgotten to take them.. Probably seems silly but it's true..lots of other things were going on in my life at the time.. So I forgot.. +++ Well, I'm staying on the 150mg for now as I don't want to reduce any more .. Bleeping hate the stuff !! I really do !! But If it helps others then that's great.. It's my Problem with Venlafaxine ..not everyone's.. Sure it's helping for some folk ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.