I must be a dr because i know what made like this

Posted , 8 users are following.

, don't know realy why im here , i feel empty ever seen Groundhog Day ,,one min im ok the next , i feel like i dont want to be here , grown man crying for no reason , think im going mad , driving along next min tears , my sister told me to look at some forums so i found this one , does talking help no i dont think so , talking isnt going to change how my head feels , i just wish i could tell people how i realy feel and they understand. No one does ,tears again pathet excuse of a man , useless dad cant even give my sons a boost in life , so they dont have to go though this s**t that awates them ,,it makes you not want to wake up .but instead of total ground hog day , you know there will be another thing thats going to happen to make things dark again . truthfull i REALY would not be bothered if i didnt wake up tomorrow , dont get me wrong some parts of the day are ok . lo hi lo hi lo hi ,  im so screwed up , my cat does not fall into dads with depression because my son aged  24 lives with me , he cant find any work so he is realy at a low place , and ya im going to admit it , it affects me to the point of whyyyyyyyyyyyyy cant i make things all ok like any normal dad would , it realy wears me down doing everything , my son is MY life . and that will never change ever , quess thats me done ,,,

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

mums just had a cancer opp just after recovering from a blood clot on her brain, dads had 3 heart attacks fell over and broke his arm son cant find work bills are pileing up to the extent there just going to blow up in my face , hate where  we live , sis says i should write a book on what happened to me during my life so far , im not looking for self pity , matbe writing instead of talking gets something out ,,
    • Posted

Writing things down actually does help. Before I came on this forum I use to write my feeling down on my notes on my phone. I at the time thought I was doing it incase something did happen to me that someone would find it on my phone and understand what has been going on in my head. But thinking of it now it probably was my coping mechanism
  • Posted

Hello Edward it is not pathetic for a man to cry. Do we are in pain we cry and it's very normal and healthful. But you sound like you are in the pit of depression have you thought of calling your GP to get on some antidepressants and to get referred to a therapist? I have done that with great success. Diane

• Posted

Thanks for replying ,,  Its feeling like this makes you just think whats the point , but i realy apperaceate you taking the time as the others to send a reply 
  • Posted

Talking does help when you are talking to someone who is going through the same thing or has been through the same thing. That's why I have come on to this forum to talk to people who understand. I carnt talk to my partner or family because they think I'm doing it for sympathy or they think you can just shrug it off. It doesn't matter if your a man or woman going through this, its just an awful daily struggle that a lot of people don't understand. I carnt really offer any advice because I'm new on here but I honesty believe that talking to people on this forum will help a bit instead of bottling it up to yourself.

• Posted

family because they think I'm doing it for sympathy or they think you can just shrug it off. It doesn't matter That sentance you wrote has it in one ,, i dont want pity from anyone , i want help but dont know where to go to get it , i work so i cant take time off work just my wage coming in ,, i realy think there something wrong with me how can we feel so good one min then 5 mins later so bad ,,

• Posted

You have already taken the first step by coming on this forum, it is such a relief to know that your not on your own, and no matter what time it is there is always someone on here when you need to get things off your chest.You really need to make an appointment to see your GP, don't let things get worse before you see them, you need help and you need it now, everything you have described is typical of depression/anxiety, there is nothing wrong with crying sometimes it can make you feel a bit better, I always think better out than in. I really hope that you will see your GP and start to feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Edward. I hope that writing things down and hearing people's responses has helped. 

It sounds like you have gone through a lot and keeping all your emotions in often builds it all up until it all comes out at once. 

If you can take the step of getting help then it is definitely worth a go right?

Kind wishes. 

• Posted

Sorry i didnt reply earler . im not in a good place atm . its taken all my strenth just to type .another week no change .sorrry i cant do this tonight 
  • Posted

It sounds like you may be bi polar but you will need to seek professional help. A dr will be able to pin point it out for you. There are meds for the highs and lows and the crying jags. It is not your fault this is an illness that some of us here have. Waking up in the morning and feeling bad is horrible. I suffer from every symptom that you mentioned. I go to the dr monthly, take meds regularly and try to keep busy and active. A good therapist helps too. They will understand how you feel and will be able to help you deal with it. You are always welcome to come back here to talk and vent. This is a safe place for you to speak. We understand your situation and will do our best to help to make you feel better while you are waiting to seek professional help. Please get help it makes a big difference
  • Posted

Talking and writing and reading does help.  At the very least it shows that there are others in similar situations as you.  Trust me on that, you are not alone in feeling the way you do.  I have been there and still go there often - although not all the time.  It’s hard to see any light when it’s dark around you.  But these interactions here may help get through a few moments, hours, or days.  Things do tend to get better.  I hope that for you they do soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.