I must be dying

Posted , 7 users are following.

I think I must have some kind of terminal illness.   After being in bed for 4 months last year with vertigo, it happened again around the same time of year and I’ve been bedridden again for months. I can’t get to any doctors and my doctor won’t write for any blood tests. No doctors or nurses will come to the house. 

I always feel off balance but also have vertigo, especially when I bend down or move too quickly, or turn my head. So, that’s pretty much all the time. I can’t go on like this and I don’t want to. I can’t endure this anymore. I have no life at all. I’m always worrying about what’s wrong with me and what’s going to happen next. 

This onviously isn’t normal. I must have a hige brain tumor or cancer that’s causing anemia or something awful and I can’t get anywhere to find out. I take 12.5 Meclizine per day and it doesn’t help. 

I am having jaw pain but I don’t know if it’s from having to sleep on so many pillows that it’s putting pressure on my jaw. 

I had TMJ when i was younger but I really don’t think that could be causing all of this. 

I’m wither going to die or have a nervous breakdown. This is unbearable. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I recommend that you find a way to get to a Dr... Have a family or friend help you to get there. Look ahead of time for an understanding Dr who will listen. You may have an inner ear disorder that leaves you with anxiety that keeps the dizziness going. There are meds to help this including anxiety meds.

While a workup should be done to rule out other conditions, please know it is not uncommon for have your symptoms and no disease process is found. It ends up being chalked up to anxiety, migraine, or inner ear inflammation or virus.

• Posted

I thought my doctor was understanding but he turned out not to be. It’s VERY didficult to find anybody like that today. Even if you do find a decent doctor, the big medical practices and office staffs are uncooperative. 

• Posted

What were you diagnosed with the first time?  It sounds like Meniere's or BPPV to me.  More likely BPPV.

• Posted

I only saw one ENT and, honestly, he’s not that well-verses in inner ear problems. I haven’t seen a neurologist yet. 

The ENT wants an Mri , which I havent been well enough to get through. I told the techs that they could not suck me back into the machine at warp speed.l but they did anyway and I felt sick once I was in there and they kept trying to say that i was claustrophobia. So, I couldn’t get it done. The problem is, that’s the only facikity that has the high resolution. MRI necessary to see the inner ear well. 

So, without getting an MRI, the ENT said maybe Menieres but I have no hearing loss. Also, in the past, I was told that I might have dysautonomia. Sometimes, rather than avoid salt, as in Menieres, I have to eat salt to feel a little better.

In my case, it may be a combination if things but even the doctors at the teaching hospitals, he “experts” are clueless. 

• Posted

It may not be what you want to hear but we all .....well most of us hav dealt with the same thing if your just going to lay in bed it will never go away you need to do the exercises and make yourself walk and re teach your body how to balance and stay off the computer with self diagnoses if you had a brain tumor they would have seen it in other test but reading to far into  Hints will make it worse I was in bed for a couple months and stopped driving for about a year and I said this s**t isn’t ganna beat me and I tried every exercise and kept moving best advice a doctor gave me after 100 visits and as do what you like doing keep moving and it gradually got better push push and keep pushing I am nowhere near 100% and I don’t feel normal a lot but I’m not letting it hold me back this is the he new me but I do go to beaches and take trips again and am now driving this all started in 2011 for me with 1 son a 4 year old bow I he is going on 11 and I have another 4 year old with another on the way unless you been told your dying your not keep moving 
    • Posted

Maybe some people are better able to handle

This than I am. I don’t know how you can so anything when you feel like you’re spinning. Just soing normal tasks, like showering is difficult. When I do start moving around, eventually I start really spinning and  I literally have to stop in my tracks. Then, I’m no good for at least a couple of hours. 

I haven’t been outside in months. I can’t go anywhere because ai have to be able to drive or I feel extremely ill. I know it sounds weird but it’s been that way since I was in my teens, before I was even able to drive. I cannot be experiencing this dizziness and vertigo AND the unbearable car sickness. I have to drive and I can’t drive dizzy, so I’m stuck here. 

• Posted

You need to get yourself to a dr......either a neighbor or friend could drive you.  You also to need to have your tests done.  Believe me we all know how you feel but you need medical attention.   What about a cab?   
    • Posted

I CANNOT be a passenger. I feel much too ill to be dizzy on top of that. Aside from MRI and blood testing, what types of testing are generally done for this? 
    • Posted

They do a whole balance testing plus they to testing where they put water or air in your ears..gaze testing etc.  MRA which is almost like and MRI.  May want you to see a cardiologist to make sure nothing is coming from your heart.  I have had so much testing done and sometimes repeated. Lots of MRI and MRA.  Was on horrible meds. Etc.  your first step must be to get to a dr.  
    • Posted

Also vestibular therapy helps people.  Again not all.  
  • Posted

I would rule out Meniere (I have it ) because is short episodes 2 to 4 hours and then it goes away , if you have continuos vertigo for many hours or days on end then it's the more common vertigo

• Posted

How often, days per week, month do you get the episodes?

I thought Meniere’s was what you described also but the ENT I saw seemed to disagre.e Or, he just didn’t listen to what I was telling him, when i said “constant.”  

• Posted

I have been Vertigo free for maybe 1 year but when I had it would be maybe 2 or 3 times x months , it could be from a mild brief episode to a very intense full 4 hours , it seems to stop at 4 hours and no more , afterward I'm in a recovery mode and normalize , the other types of vertigo don't have time limits ,they can keep going for many hours or days.

2 of my symptoms are profuse intense sweating maybe 30 min followed by very dry mouth also around 30 min. Do you have these symptoms too ?

• Posted

My episodes eefinitelynlast longer than that. However, I have had the sweating and dry mouth. 
  • Posted

The thing is, before most Dr's will treat you with meds, they will want to rule out things/look for diagnosis with imaging. You will need sedation for the MRI and for the ride over and back. Ask the Dr about a benzodiazepine that will relax and sedate you ( may even help the dizzies) for the MRI. It is not uncommon for these meds to be given for MRI imaging since many freak out or cannot tolerate the process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.