I must say, I'm horrified by this site. I had not reali...

Posted , 18 users are following.

I must say, I'm horrified by this site. I had not realized that BV is obviously an incurable bacterial infection. It might as well be a STD. It alters the way we live, our sexual encounters etc.

I have a bf who believes that I have been with another man everytime I have reoccuring symptoms. He makes snide remarks, stating that he knows it's not him who is making me smell that way. It must always be the same man I'm messing around with on the side. I find myself hiding my symptoms whenever possible and definitely hiding any treatments I may be using. I am prescribed clindamax vaginal cream. I try, as instructed, to avoid sexual activity for the 7 days of treatment as well as the fact that it's impossible to hide that white cream from the distrusting man. The clindamax cream works well, but this is the 3rd time I have been prescribed this in a couple of years, and trust me, there were other times when I needed it.

In the beginning, I began having reoccuring urinary tract infections, one right after another. I was on countless antibiotics. I went and had tests to find out what the problem was with an urologist. Everything was working properly so, they just figured I had reached a point in my life where UTIs were going to be a problem and that's that.

The discharge started next. I also noticed the "bleaching" of the undies. Soon after came that raw, horrible fishy odor. I douched and douched, trying to get rid of it. The more I douched, the worse I smelled. I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with BV. Once I was treated, all my urinary tract infections magically disappeared. I was a little bothered that nobody thought to check for BV before I took so many antibiotics. The docors, til this day, still haven't made the connection. To me, it's as obvious as ABC.

My realationship is rocky and most likely will soon end. I'm a 44 yr old woman who will soon be entering the single's scene. How the hell am I going to date, if I can't rid myself of this disgusting infection? I came online to do some research. I wanted to find something that may work better for me than what I have been trying. I'm completely depressed after reading all these comments. I don't want to just keep this infection at bay....I WANT IT GONE!!! I am sure you all agree when I say that this is a serious problem that should be looked into thoroughly by the medical profession. If not, they better stock up on prozac because this infection is mentally and emotionally overwhelming to women who take pride in their femininity and their cleanliness.

I sympathize with each and every one of you.

[i:4e72aa32c9]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4e72aa32c9]

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

He needs to be treated also!men can carry the bacteria and reinfect us so it absolutely could be him reinfecting you!
  • Posted

Hello  I am a new struggler with BV but it's gone on now for several months. I found a natural antibiotic that seems to keep it at bay and may even eventually get rid of it. It can be found at Life Source vitimens:Natual Antibiotic.  I take 4 pills daily and it has kept me from getting seasonal colds and flus. But also has kept the BV under control. I recently had a day of smelling bad so I increased to 2 pills three times a day just for a few days and it went away almost immediatley. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Help 😞 

I am in a one year relationship, about three months in i started to “smell” according to my fb. He also complained about bad breath. I have tried everything. I tested positive to BV and taken the meds but it won’t go away. 

It has taken away the list in our relationship, there’s no spontaneity and now he doesn’t even like kissing  me. 

Last week he ended us due to our lack of intimacy. 

We talked and he said it’s the smell he can’t deal with. 

My BV has me loosing the best man in my life. 

Help please. What else can I do? 

• Posted

Dear Guest... BV is NOT incurable. My doctor has given me 6 months of Metronidazole and it works great. Now this is a long term treatment plan to prevent further recurrences of this problem.  I take Clindamycin during active flareups. It works too. If you want to prevent it without meds, try take a moderately warm bath with 2 cups of apple cider vinegar.  I do this twice a week now. I sit in it for 20 minutes every time. It seems to be working... Best wishes
  • Posted

Dear Guest, I have had several BV and am clear of it now.  I had three doctors do samples. I was on Clindamycin for one week and am on Metronidazole for the next 6 months to prevent a flare up.  Your boyfriend is being very unkind and I think you should break it off with him.  You don't deserve being treated like that. Furthermore, what does he knows about BV? Nothing.  You CAN get rid of this infection. I have! MIne is negative now.  I'ts necessary to get put on the right med to begin with. I always go back at least twice to ensure my infection is gone.  Ask your doctor for Clindamycin or Metronidazole. It works wonders! I sometimes have to use it for 2 weeks, but then it is GONE.  And again.. I always go back and have it confirmed that it's gone.  Right now I am infection free!  Also... do not douche. It destroys the natural flora of the vagina. You can try soaking in apple cider vinegar or baking soda to prevent odor. Also the apple cider vinegar is very good at balancing the pH which is what causes BV.  It neutralizes the pH... If you have more questions.. please let me know. Start a new discussion and ask for me by name.  I'll find you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.