I nee advice really bad! Please help asap

Posted , 6 users are following.

I broke my ankle 11-8-2014. I have 8 screws, and

2 plates on each side of my ankle. The stiches were removed on Dec. 15, 2024. All healed, but one spot, in my iinside of my ankle incision . Still has not closed. yet. It now has a hole in it and a string is coming out of it. It drains fluid out of it, everyday. I keep it very clean and covered after cleaning it. It hurts really bad and I can't wear a hard booth on it. Due to the pain. The hospital that I had my surgery at. Is a real piece of work. Very hard to get a appointment with.

I was scheduled to have the hardware removed on Nov. 30, 2015. I went to the hospital. They didn't have enough staff, so they sended me back home. And to top it off. My insurance I had expired

the next day. I was approved by my insurance to have the surgery.

Now trying to get new insurance,and having this pre condition I've just been getting the run around.

I just want to get well again. It is been a long journey with this matter. Can someone advice me what can I do?? I need help with this matter.

I thank you in advance for your time and concern.

Thanks again Veronica .

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

• Posted

Go to emergency department ASAP .Sounds like you have an infection.

Go to a Normal Church if you have no one to help. I'm not religious but The Salvation Army or a women's help centre may help. Get antibiotics

Take a deep breath. You are not alone.

Not sure where you live. But there must be an emergency help centre.

Let me know. Good luck.

:+)

• Posted

I thank you for your reply back. I have been on antibiotics for several months now.

I don't have insurance at this time to go to a doctor right now. The price they gave me

I can't afford it. I'm still paying for services

I had done last year, medical bills.

And I don't want my credit to go bad., so I'm paying them. The health care is going bad here in New Mexico. I can't get any help here.

I'm hanging in there and praying I get well soon. And if you don't have insurance here they will stick you, with a big bill to pay. I thank you so much for your time and concern. Thanks again Veronica

• Posted

Don't know where in the world that you live and I wondered whether you had your own general practitioner. Pain can indicate infection and that is the last thing that you want on top of everything else you've been through the past 18 months. Think you need to demand answers from the professionals and, if all fails, go to A & E

I wish you well with all this

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply back.

I'm in a bad spot. I don't have insurance right now. Can't afford it right now due to I'm still paying medical bills from last year services that my insurance didn't pay. And i dont want my credit to go bad, so im paying them .

Been on pills several months now. I hanging in there and hoping in time it will heal up. It's been a long journal. I thank you so much for your time and concern. Thanks again Veronica

• Posted

I had my ankle reconstructed 2 days after you with plates and screws.  I did have a small hole which got less with time and cannot be seen now. I had disolvable stitches.

My hardwear is to remain in my ankle  unless it causes trouble which at the moment is OK and I can walk reasonably well except when the ankle swells in the evening.

Hope this is helpful to you. I live in the UK and the National Health Service has done a very good job for me.

• Posted

I thank you for your reply back. Did u have stiches on the outside too? And did you have any strings coming out the hole? Thats what I have now. I live in the us, New Mexico. The health care, has been a piece of work here!

Hard to get a appointment and to get help with care. I thank you for your time and concern. Thanks again

Veronica

• Posted

I had one spot that didn't want to heal. It stayed open, red, with a little fluid. It had a little rough bump. It was an internal stitch that was supposed to dissolve by itself. He pulled it out and it healed up very quickly after that.
    • Posted

Hi. Thank you for replying back. Did you see the stiches in it? Was it a cream color? In the hole I have the string, it is a cream color and it is tied deep inside the hole. I see it , it's showing. I thank you so much for your time and concern. Thanks again Veronica
    • Posted

Sad you can't get it seen. Needs a check and a change of antibiotics. Meanwhile, a high dose vitamin C tablet course may help. Health system sounds barbaric!

®{°^°}®

• Posted

Thank you for the advice. I will try some vitiam c . It can't hurt. I do have to be careful

Taking some antibiotics. Thanks again for your help. Veronica

• Posted

Hi again, after the stich was removed.

We're you able to walk on your foot after? Thanks again Veronica

• Posted

I had liquid vitamin C . in sachets lypo spheric . great for helping healing I'm told. We get pretty run down with breaks and surgery.

@(*+*)@

• Posted

Does anyone have any advice on taking shark liver oil supplements. A friend keeps recommending it to me to rebuild cartilage !!
  • Posted

Hi veronica, I also had surgery on both sides of my ankle, when my scars started healing I noticed a small hole on the inside of my ankle with something blue sticking out. I went to the doctor and he said it was a stich on the inside that holds some of the hardware in place after surgery. All it took was a snip on the stich and a tweezer and it was out, now the hole has healed. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Oh wow. Did you have some fluid & blood coming out of it? When you had the hole there? I take really good care of mine, cleaning it and keeping it bandage everyday & evenings. Thanks again Veronica
    • Posted

I did not have blood, but it was slightly wet. I clean it twice a day and kept it closed until I saw the hole was healing.
    • Posted

Oh good for you.. Mines bleed when I have been up on it, alot. And then it hurts. After the hole closed up, were you able to walk on it after ? Thank you Veronica
    • Posted

Hi veronica, yours sounds a lot worse than mine. You must have it seen to. I am walking ok but the hole never cause problems while walking. Don't leave it
    • Posted

I also take vit c and cod liver oil capsules. Dolomite (calcium and magnesium). I have also have been taking Pro Collagen for the last month. But please make sure you can use this as it may contain shell fish pro collagen is an cellular structural protein to support the production of collagen in several connective tissues including joints, muscles, and tendons, ligaments and skin. I really think this helps a lot with the healing.
    • Posted

Hello

I thank you so much, for your time and concern and advice. I'm going to a clinic

on Monday to get it checked on. They will just have to, send me a bill for.it. This state I'm in , New Mexico . The medical care has just been a piece of work. When you can't afford the insurance here. And even if you have insurance! This has been, a long hard journal. But I won't give up, to get well again! I thank everyone, that have replied back to me with their stories and advice. It is so greatly appreciated! Thanks again, so much. Veronica

• Posted

Does anyone have any advice in shark liver oil. A friend keeps recommending it to me to rebuild cartilage !!
    • Posted

Does anyone have any advice in shark liver oil. A friend keeps recommending it to me to rebuild cartilage !!
    • Posted

Does anyone have any advice on taking shark liver oil supplements. A friend keeps recommending it to me to rebuild cartilage !!
    • Posted

• Posted

Site playing up again. Repeats.

I know nothing about shark liver oil. Only that they probably kill them, get liver and chuck the rest away. :+(

• Posted

Hi don't know about shark liver oil. I take vit c, dolomite (calcium and magnesium) , cod liver oil capsules, and for the past month Pro Collagen capsules. Pro collagen is an cellular- structural protein to support the production of collagen in several connective tissues in the body including joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments and skin . I have used this before on an shoulder injury and it works well. But you have to use it for about 3 weeks before you get results. Please ask your doctor before you use it as it may contain shell fish.
    • Posted

Hi this is Daphne. How are you doing? Patti, Tituscanby and myself are doing well. We have not heard from you for a while. Please let us know.
    • Posted

Yes please. Johnny Walker ( my Walker) and I am keen to catch up.

🌞💖🌞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.