I need a treatment that is very likely to work. Please help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I have a fungal nail infection on one foot, and am after some suggestions for good/very likely to work treatment.

I have been using Excilor, which I seem to have had some success with. 1 of my toenails had been previously curled over and it was too hard for me to clip off. After 2 or 3 weeks of using Excilor, I was able to clip the nail.

Excilor isn't cheap for me. It costs £17 and it is a small 3,3ml bottle. I am not 100% certain that it would last the whole 9 months that I am instructed to use the treatment. I've also heard that some of these treatments don't work, or come back again.

Are there any better treatments that will be successful, or is it best for me to just stick to this treatment?

Thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To answer your question you have to provide more details. How many nails are affected? How long have you had the infection? Is the whole nail affected?

In short, Excilor might help if only a small (top) part of the nail is infected. Otherwise, you are waisting your time and money.

• Posted

Tea tree oil worked for me and I have heard listerine mouth wash and cider vinegar work, I have no proof though. I should ask the pharmacy for recommendations for an antifungal cream. It does take months to clear, however a lot of people get fungal problems and clear them. I believe you can now get laser treatment. I know nothing about it and it sounds expensive!
  • Posted

Are you in UK? I had problems with toenail fungal infections and it took ages for them to clear: I'm talking years,not weeks. I found that you have to use several types before you get any success and even then you cannot say the fungus has cleared. Its continuous treatment for a long time that finally works. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.