I need a very good foot and ankle surgeon

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

i am am quite young and have arthritic problems in my ankle due to bone reconstruction previously.

i have discussed ankle replacement with my consultant. Can anyone recommend a very good foot and ankle specialist preferably from a large foot and ankle unit in the UK?



0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi dilwil 

    I have had both my ankles operated on by a Mr Kumar of the glasgow royal infirmary nhs ...he also does private as you will see if you google him He is an excellent foot consultant 

    i have had had a triple athrodeisis on my left ankle twelve years ago ..and I had a triple hindfoot athrodeisis with a plate on the twenty second of July this year I can't praise him highly enough 

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I had mine done at wrigtington hospital in Wigan, although I was unlucky and was fitted with a broken one. The surgeon Dr rob smith is supposed to be one of the best around. Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up