I need advice!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Sunday night following intercourse I had what I can only assume was a prolapse of some sort. I had a bulge out of my vagina, almost felt hernia like, unsure of what the hell was happening my husband said push it back in.. so I did and following a shower I went to lay down and laid so with pillows under me to elevate my bottom bc it kept slipping down. I wake up call my dr(gun) and get in to be seen at this point their is no more bulging just tenderness inside and heaviness of my pelvis.. he does a vaginal exam and said he has no idea what it could be. He said I look a little swollen and maybe slightly prolapse but nothing to worry about. He told me to leave it out next time and try to get in.. I'm confused, worried and freaked bc it wasn't normal nor has anything ever happened like this.

Also when I went to the bathroom #2 was incredibly painful yesterday, and when I tried to go today I've been unable.. idk what to do, or if I'm over reacting. I did have a hysterectomy done in 2015, and I've had 3 c sections. And I'm 27years old..

0 likes, 6 replies


6 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Melanie,

    This certainly sounds like a prolapse. The difficuty in defacation would point here too. Some woumn have to practice 'splinting', pressing on the perineum, or manually pushing the bowel back into place with fingers in the vagina.

    Get a toilet stool, take the pressure off your pelvic floor. Dont strain as this weakens an already damaged pelvic floor.

    Get a proper diagnosis.

    As you have a hysterectomy you are 3x more likely to prolpase.

    Watch your weight.

    Improve your posture

    Strengthen up your pelvic floor with exercises or it will happen again.

    But, above all, go back to your GP and get a proper diagnosis. Ask for a referral to a Physiotherapist (I predume you are in the UK?). 

    Hope this helps


    • Posted

      Thanks. I felt like it was prolapse as well, my GP said to make the appt with the GYN as they would have referred me there anyway?? I'm relatively small and healthy otherwise. I'm 120lbs 5'3". I will work on more pelvic floor muscles tho. And I'm in the US

    • Posted

      Hello.. I felt and then looked and saw a bulge also, I went to GYN doctor and he said that it was a small prolapse and didn't really need to do anything at this time. However after awhile it started getting worse and to the point I could not urinate and became very uncomfortable. When I laid down and took ibuprofen and the swelling would go down, but then it would come back. I went back to GYN and he referred me to a specialist in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. After the first appointment I felt encouraged that I had answers and

      I had options.

      I choose surgery for my bladder prolapse after testing with him and it will be a year on the 21st of October and I'm so thankful I made that choice.

      I'm in the United States as well and there are many good doctors and the waiting time is minimal in seeing them. You are young and I encourage you to seek them out.

  • Posted

    I decided to call my GYN again. He has ordered me for a pelvic ultrasound, but He recommends that I wait to see if the issues resolve on their own first, before following up with a gastroenterologist..

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up