I need advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am meant to be going on a cruise holiday next Monday. I am getting worse the nearer it comes. I already have problems with my balance, so I worry incase of sea be rough. I ask the chemist what I could take for sea sickness she said nothing as it would react with my current medication. The last time I went on holiday it made me worse.

It's not the going away but it is the hastle travelling and all the hassle before hand. I often :cry: but then I get :oops: . I don't what to spoil things for my husband we have been planning this for a long time.

Lou Lou

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

iv been trying to think of something to say but this is a tricky one!if you think you got it in you to go then give it a try,but if you no deep down that you just wont be able to then you need to tell him!thats the best i got!lol
  • Posted

[quote:3de2541203="LouLou"]I am meant to be going on a cruise holiday next Monday. I am getting worse the nearer it comes. I already have problems with my balance, so I worry incase of sea be rough. I ask the chemist what I could take for sea sickness she said nothing as it would react with my current medication. The last time I went on holiday it made me worse.

It's not the going away but it is the hastle travelling and all the hassle before hand. I often :cry: but then I get :oops: . I don't what to spoil things for my husband we have been planning this for a long time.

Lou Lou[/quote:3de2541203]

Mention it to your doctor - he may just be able to give you something to help.

Good luck

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Lou Lou

How's about us all coming along to give you a hand and check you are okay??smile

No seriously, I can understand your concerns - I suffer with balance problems and it really is very unpleasant - I'm not sure how I would feel on a ship. :? I do finding wearing tinted specs does help quite a bit.

But as the others have suggested, it might be worth having a word with your GP .

Every time my hubbie brings up the subject of a holiday, I'm not really interested. As you say, it's the hassle beforehand of packing and finding passports - everything is just such an effort, isn't it and only we really understand.

Having said that, I'm sure once you are actually there you can just relax totally and do virtually nothing.

Good luck and we will all pray for calm seas for you.

Katiesmile

• Posted

I have a solution! :D

Fear not Donnadoolittle to the rescue! :wizard:

I will go on the cruise instead! :hangover:

Donna x

P.s I do understand the stress you feel but think of the benfits of the warm weather and the sheer relaxation you will get. If your still feeling under the weather then take 5 mins to visit the captain of the ship - he will cheer you up :wink:

• Posted

Your all welcome :wink: I'll see you all at the manchester airport Tuesday morning or better still at the airport hotel Monday night. 8)
  • Posted

For 3 years running my husband went on holiday with our 3 grown up children and their partners, our granddaughter and last year his brothers went too.

I stayed home alone each time with Max Dog and had the best weeks holiday I ever had each time :D

• Posted

The sad thing though about this illness is that it is so isolating. smile

I find that I increasingly just want to be on my own and just left alone smile

When I am out and about, I invairably go out of my way to avoid people - I just can't bear the questions.

Why is it that when friends see you out they assume you are BETTER! I just find it all so exasperating and exhausting. :wah:

I really am turning into that grumpy old woman again. :shock:

• Posted

PS Those first two emoticons were supposed to besad - can't even get that right!!
  • Posted

Help!! I am going to cruise to Spain and am getting worried now too and feelign worse. When I booked my dizziness was better and stayed that way for 6 months until last week, now I am worried. I asked the Doc for something to take and she said take my advice and don't go. But my family are really excited and I can't back out now !!
  • Posted

Hi Amme,

What a shame you are not feeling good now. I am not long diagnosed with CFS and i had a girlie holiday booked in Benidorm for 4 nights. I was not looking forward to it as i didn't want to be a party pooper :lol: I decided to go with the advice of my family, friends, bosses and G.P. I went and had a great time, rested during day, couldn't drink much but i must say i suffered dreadfully on the last day and a good few days afterwards. My GP said i would be just as miserable at home.

I would advise you to go and rest all day in the sun. if i'm right, if you are going with the family you won't be painting the town red at night. Obviously i don't know what you are like when you are feeling ill, but if you explain to your family if you go you will have to rest when you need to and maybe sometimes they will have to go it alone.

You've obviously been looking forward to this cruise.

Let us know what you're decision is and how you get on.

Take care.

Teedie

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.