I need advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

I claim esa as a joint clame for myself and my hubby im in sg.

My hubby wanted to do 2 days self employed work which was 16 hrs for 8 weeks anyway it wasnt supposed to start till may 8th but it started on wednesday last week 19th april.

I rang esa and told them they said it would mean £100 per week taken from my benefits .

My hubby has gone to work this morning and been sent home the job as fell through so hes no longer needed.

Ive rang esa and theyve said it could take 4 weeks to sort my money back out.

But when i rang them last week they stopped the £100 straight away.

How come it takes hours to stop but 4 weeks to restart

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

As they only said it could take 4 weeks they've probably said this to cover theirselves. Hopefully by the time your next ESA payment is due then it'll be the normal amount. If not then i'd advice ringing them to find out what's happening with payments. I have no idea why payments would take that long to restart but it's normal for DWP or HMRC to be slow with payments as we all know. Sorry i can't help you anymore than this. Hopefully payments will return to normal quickly.

• Posted

Hello Dawn, When I phoned the DWP to tell them that my son was no longer going to claim Carers Allowance for caring for me the money was stopped immediately. I told them my son was no longer living with me. Later I found out quite by accident that because I was now living alone I could claim extra benefit.

When I phoned the DWP to ask about this benefit they told me I was entitled to this extra benefit so I made a claim over the phone.  It took 4 months before this extra benefit was paid to me.

It was back dated & I had it worked out to the penny.  The payment I received was correct to the penny.  lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.