I NEED ADVICE

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a foul smelling breath which comes out from my nose only for two years now(i dont have smelly mouth). I visited the dentist and they did scaling and polishing, and to me i have a perfect set of teeth. I also have a white tongue which i use a tongue scrapper for daily, but there is no reduction. A tongue swab was taken and sent to the lab which revealed no fungal and bacteria infection. I was then transferred to the ENT, who carried out an xray of the sinuses and revealed no problems. They checked my tonsils and the found some stones and suggested a TONSILLECTOMY. I had my tonsils taken out and there was no improvement in my NASAL ONLY BREATH. They transferred me to the GASTROENTROLOGIST who carried out the following:

Alkaline Phosphatase Serum

Amylase Serum

Anti Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody igA Serum

Bilirubin Total serum

Calprotectin Stool

Lipase Serum

Stool Parasite Microscopy Stool

Full Blood Count

Hpylori

Stool for Occult Blood

Creatinine Serum

Culture Aerobic Urine

Glucose, Blood

Urine Routine Analysis Automated

All the above tests were perfect.

They carried out and endoscopy which revealed the following:

GERD

GASTRITIS

ATONIC PYLORUS- Complete loss of tone of pylorus

As for the GERD, i dont have any lump in my throat or bad taste, i had occasional heart burn which when i eliminated somethings from my diet it stopped. My only symptom is occasional left sided mild stomach pain and very BAD NASAL ONLY BREATH. The Gastroentrologist also diagnosed me of NON INFECTIVE COLITIS. He Prescribed the following drugs:

NEXIUM

MOLTILUM

LIBROCOL

RIFAXIMIN FOR SIBO

VITA COLON HEALTH

SUCRALFATE

ALIGN PROBIOTIC

PROBIOTIC YOUGHURT

DR FORMULATED PROBIOTIC 90 BILLION CFU

After all these, i still have the bad breath, which i am sure is coming from my intestine as it is sometimes the same thing with my farts. I sometimes perceive the smell of digested foods i have eaten in my nose, i also have a very perfect bowel movement daily.

I noticed that Betaine Hcl, Cabbage, Eggs, Sugar, Bread and Beans worsen my breath. And the breath also worsens on an empty stomach. The doct said i dont need a colonoscopy because of the perfect blood and stool test.

THINGS I ALSO TRIED:

BETAINE HCL

PARSLEY

GINGER

ACTIVATED CHARCOAL

HIMALAYA PINK SEA SALT

EUTHYMOL TOOTHPASTE

CELERY JUICE

CABBAGE JUICE

BAKING SODA

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH THE MOTHER

TUMERIC

MRM DIGESTIVE ENZYMES

MRM PROBIOTIC 50 BILLION

NEW RHYTHM PROBIOTIC 50 BILLION

PURITANS PRIDE ACIDOPHILLUS PROBIOTIC

PURITANS PRIDE MULTI ENZYME FORMULA

6 DAYS DRY FASTING

The only thing that seems to reduce it a little is probiotic youghurt.

I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO CURE MY BAD BREATH.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

First i have to ask...

have you confirmed this smell with someone else?

Second, if it was originating from your stomach/intestines, i cant imagine why it would only be "nasal" and not oral as well??

• Posted

I have comfirmed with people, but they say its not as bad as before. That was the issues i had with general doctors until they explained that as far as the smell travels to the lungs, its can come out from the nose. Because i noticed that sometime it comes out as if i farted(silent).

• Posted

? im confused.

yes breath starts off in the lung. but after that it is the same pathway to either the mouth or the nose.

so if the source of bad breath is from the digestive track, it would be the same whether it exits the mouth or the nose.

someone please correct me if im wrong.

• Posted

I read a story where a doctor mistakenly cut off a mans intestine during surgery and the man had stool coming from the nose. I also read an article where they said hold farts is bad that it is possible for it to travel back and come out from the nose. if a gas travels up and your mouth is closed, it will definitely come out from the nose. For example when you are vomiting, the food is coming from the small intestine and stomach, through the mouth, but you still end up having vomit in your nose. There is a connection. Something is making my breath come like farts(i also smell digested food sometime) from the intestine and if by the time its starts and my mouth is not open, it would definitely come out from the nose. From the people around me, they said i smell like food sometimes, then other times its a foul smell.

• Posted

Yes of course if you close your mouth your breath comes out your nose.

My point is that the breath originates from the SAME place whether it comes out of your nose or your mouth.

It either comes from your lungs, or from your stomach like a burp.

You probably are just noticing the smell more when you breath out of your nose for obvious reason.

• Posted

As for the story you read about a guy sh*tting from his nose...

That is almost surely BS.

• Posted

look up phantosmia, your bad smell could be coming from your brain center. check it out please.

• Posted

ALSO READ THE ARTICLE "PHANTOM SMELLS MY BE A SIGN OF TROUBLE" JULY 10th 2018 BY HEALTH NEWS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.