I need advice and good feed back :( week 9 on Citalopram and went down jill

Posted , 3 users are following.

So was starting to feel pretty good the last 3 weeks. I was feeling about 7/10. And was able to brush my anxiety off. I was sleeping a lot better. I had energy. But the past 3 days I feel like I'm going down hill. Mind racing again. Feeling anxious. My biggest fear is going crazy. But I've always had anxiety since I was young. Health anxiety and GAD. I am 27 years old and I can remember worrying about things when I was 10. May be I need to increase my dose. But I'm afraid too due to side effects. I was also prescribed lorazepam as needed. But afraid to take those too. Starting to think I'm bipolar due to going down hill again. I google and search everything. Got absolutely no sleep last night. I would tr and sleep and my mind would start racing. It's like my mind is my own worse enemy and it knows what I fear. It's really amazing how the brain works.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I am only on 10 mg due to being afraid of medication. But I was told that's the a therapeutic dose. And I'm not a small girl. So maybe I do need to increase the dose
  • Posted

I had the same exact problem with mind racing. Celexa and xanax saved me. The lorazapam is in the xanax family. When your mind starts racing just take one. It make make you a little sleepy at first. But it works great for me. Hope this helps
  • Posted

I would definitely talk to my doctor. After you take em for a while your doctor will increase your dose. I'm out of state working, I increased my dose without talking to my doctor. It helped me. But if you can go see your doctor I would definitely try that first. Be honest and tell him exactly what's going on wit you. They are there to help.
    • Posted

Thanks. I went to see her about a month ago and she wanted to increase it but I was afraid to. I had a 3 good weeks so obviously they were working. I've been on them for 9 weeks. I just want to feel no anxiety or depression. They've taught me other coping skills but right now they're not working. I took a half of lorazepam last night and calmed me down but still couldn't fall asleep.
    • Posted

Try taking a whole one. I'm on 2mlg Xanax, have been for years. If I have problems sleeping I take 2 along with melatonin, which is all natural. Sometimes I'll take Tylenol pm. If I don't my mind races. The best way I can describe it is....it's like a movie projector. Flashing different images in my head
    • Posted

Oh my god that's exactly what it's like for me. And it can be some of the stupidest things I think about. My lorazepam dosage is 0.5 mg take 4 every six hours but I don't dare lol. What dose of Citalopram are you on and how long have you been on it?
    • Posted

20 mlg. For 9 months now. I just uped my dosage to 30 myself. Because my mind was racing even during the day and it usually only happened at night while I was trying to fall asleep.
    • Posted

EVERYTHING!!! From child hood memories to things that happened in the past to things that could happen in the future, bills that I need to pay, moving to a different state, how to rearrange my living room back home, what color to repaint my walls, remodeling my kitchen. I could go on and on girl. The celexa and xanax keep it under control
    • Posted

Kind of what I'm going through. I'm moving to another state in 2 weeks. And I'm a nervous wreck because I don't want to feel like this over there. That's why maybe I should increase like the doctor wanted me to. Did you get side effects from the increased dose?
    • Posted

Ok maybe I'll give it a try lol. Maybe. I just don't want to feel any brain fog or anything like that
  • Posted

Hey daisy,

I was on citalopram 10mg and move up to 20mg and felt no real difference. I think you should at least try an upped dose but soeak to your doctor. And hey if you dont want to up them try some counselling and see if you can have something to calm you, benzo's are food for that. I was also scared of tkaing meds refused two different antidepressants even though i used to be on them... i have a fear of medication and just couldnt bring mself to try them. I have used mindfulness medtiation and changed my diet and started going out more

Hope you feel better soon an i totally understand an here to tlak if you need too

• Posted

What other antidepressants have u tried? I think I'm sensitive to medication but then again I think it's my anxiety. It's so annoying. So are u no longer on the medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.