I need advice and input

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wasn't sure whether to place this here or in the forum related to asthma so I put it in both.

So, I live in a household of smokers, specifically marijuana. When they smoke, often I can feel my chest tighten/pressure, I cough, my eye will either dry or water, sneeze at times and get a headache and/or migraine. (Obviously I am going to speak to the doctor the next chance I get but I wanted some opinions) Does this sound like an allergy? Am I developing asthma? Could it be both?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucsage,

You are right to get a doctor's evaluation about your breathing in a house of smokers. I hope you have gotten your exam and it is NOT asthma. However, all I can tell you from my experience is cigarette and marijuana smoke are major allergens for a lot people. You are probably allergic to the smoke and it is damaging your airways. It isn't necessarily asthma, but you definitely need to stay away from smokers... period. Tell smokers to smoke outside. If it is not your house and you feel you cannot make this demand the only advice I have for you is to move. I hope that is an option. Your doctor would probably tell you the same. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Well, marijuana is a drug, you're probably inhaling the second-hand smoke, and it's negatively effecting you - which seems terrible and I recommend living elsewhere if possible - maybe with a relative or friend?

You maybe could even look into getting your own place, or get shared a shared apartment/flat, but if these aren't options spending as much time away from home as possible might be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.