I need advise please!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello im a 27 year old physical active male. im generally very healthy rarely get sick. but for some years now i have got this rash on the left ear antihelix. it starts with a tingeling sensation and feels hot for a couple of days before the blisters shows up. i get it maybe once a year or every second year im not quite sure but its always in the same place left ear antihelix. the only information i can find online is zoster oticus. but i have no pain no hearing loss no facial palsy or any other symptom. the only problem i get is that it makes me very nervous and affraid. is it shingles/ zoster oticus? or is it something else maybe herpes? it usually summones in periods with alot of stress and little sleep. the rash looks like shingles and the blisters are only concentrated on the antihelix it dry up in a week or so and leave no scars or nerve pain.

i hope some of you have any sugestions thank you in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I think its worth asking for it to be investigated medically. It may not be Shingles but you do have to be careful as there can be long term damage if it is Shingles, in which case it would be important to get antivirals quickly to try and mitigate any longer term issues.

• Posted

thank you so much for answer! yes i should Probably get it checked out with a doctor. its strange i cant find any info about this online. everything about blisters on ear points to shingles. but i have no pain or anything. and shingles dont show up in the same place several times according too the info i can find

• Posted

I'm pretty sure it can come back in the same place - I've had it 3 times in the last 16 months and all 3 in same place. During the first outbreak there was no pain - just the rash. Sorry to be the bearer of this news! it could still be something else but worth checking.

• Posted

it looked like this after 5 or 6 days after the blisters showed up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.