I NEED AN URGENT HELP BECAUSE I AM BEGINING TO BE MORE WORRY

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been CES little over a year before undergoing the surgery two months ago.However, I have few questions to ask even though I was diagnosed of CES and Lumbar stenosis of which I was operated upon on 16 January 2017. In fact after the surgery I began to feel more releved as compared to previously where I could not walk at all and there was severe pain from my spinal cord. Currently the numbness in both legs are reducing gradually but the rate at which its getting better in the left leg is far better than in the right leg which my Doctor told me suffered more from the CES. What are my chances? Will I get my permanent healing some day? What is still worrying is that I still experience tingling in the right leg sometimes though not rapid as it was before the surgery. I am forcing the urine and gradually I am seeing improvement likewise my defecation too. As for my sexdrive is still zero as my manhood is still numb though sometimes I feel like erecting but there is no sensation in that region including my bowel area. The good news for now is I can feel that I want to defecate just that the strength to push it out is my problem but nowadays I have seen some improvement. For how long will it take me to get my permanent healing? Will I be able to function fully as a man? Please I need your advice .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My son got CES on Nov 29 /16. He was put in a rehab hospital for 6 wks.  Today he continues with therapy three times a wk. He was unable to move anything below the waist. But today he is walking with a walker. he continues with shakey balance but it is coming along with the help of leg braces the rehab hospital made for him. He is hopeful to return to work with his walker the beginning of next month God willing. Initially had difficulty with bowels and urininating but  all is well now.  I do hope and pray for you to be abe to follow his recovery route. Blessing Mary
    • Posted

Thank you very much for sharing with me your son's experience. I pray I follow same to full recovery in due course. I am also currently walking by the aid of a walking crouches. I look forward for more help because I am very disturbed as this condition threatens my career of a military officer.

• Posted

Just to clarify, you said you had CES for a year. I am wondering why they didn;t do surgery right away, We were told that if you get the surgery within 48 hours, your chances of full recovery are so much better.  Doctor will do a fusion in due time. Doc said my son would know when he needs the fusion as it will cause a great deal of pain. Have you read about CES and it's symptoms and recovery process ? If you do, keep in mind that everyone is affected to different degrees. My sons was not ed by his surgeon, the worst blow out he had ever seen. The doctor did not give him a prognosis, only said he would pray for him. From that I figured the out cone was not going to be very good. But with so many people praying for him, he has been able to achieve a lot in a relatively short period o time. He has  a ways to go but if he could walk, possibly with a cain only, he would feel blessed.  Patience is a must, something my son has not been very good at. So he is learning a lot from this process of recovery. I hope this is supportive in some small way for you. Keep your head up and keep working hard, and above all be patient and keep you faith. Blessings

• Posted

Wonderful advice from a wonderful person. I am lifted by your words of encouragement. My doc suggested that I be operated but I was scared initially since he was not able to psyche me fully for the surgery until I could not walk again couple with the inability to control my urine and bowel as well as sexual dysfunction. However I am very much convinced that there is no situation that God cannot do so I have to just be patient and keep praying and having faiththatit is well as igothroughthe recovery process. Thanks so much for sharing your son's experience with me. It has really motivated me so much..

• Posted

One more thing Eric, Keep a journal on what you accompolish each week. I know you will be amazed at what you couldn't do last week, and are able to do the next week. Any movement forward is an encouraging event. Give thanks. At first my sons urine retention was not good at all and he had to be catherized several times. But then that came along, and now there is no issues. Also bowels were not moving well and he developed hemroids. So he bagan taking bowel softners and eating more fiber. That solved his problem with that. .   I want to also, thank you for  seeking a career in our military. My prayer for you will be that God will carry you along to meet your goals.  Remember that God doesn't always give us what we want, but He does ALWAYS, give us what we need. And only He knows just what that is. Blessings

• Posted

Thank you very much for your kind words of hope and encouragement. I will keep journal as you said to monitor my recovery process. More of your advice is welcome because I really need these encouraging and tried tested testimonies to keep me going. Once again thank u very much
    • Posted

Keep us posted on this site and I know you will receive more then enough encouragement from others going through this difficult journey. I will keep up on your posts and offer what I can to support you. Also keep you posted on how my son continues to progress. Blessings
    • Posted

Thanks for the free consultation. God bless you and your son. I wish him too continuous speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.