i need another opinion on this, is this just depression and panick or could it be something more?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I will have these episodes occasionally and today i had the worst one ive ever experienced. basically it feels so strange but my mind feels COMPLETLY blank. It's like everything has been erased and everything will feel distant, when i grab things around me they feel big and far away and just the senses are wierd. its hard to explain. I will feel dizzy and i dont know what to do with my self. So confused aswell, for example i tried to do the hoovering but i got confused and didn't know how to approach it. it stumped me. I then went for a walk. i thought that might help but i was still dizzy and didn't know if i was just going to drop dead or what, everything was a total daze. The route i know so well looked different and i got really confused again. i felt all floaty too. i was even questioning if im still alive because my brain didn't feel it. It honestly feels like my brain is about to shut down and im not going to wake up.

Doctors say its panick attacks but the thing is the symptoms are all to do with my brain. Ok fair enough i was breathing heavy had sweaty palms and my legs were shaking and weak but i was scared, who wouldnt be. but no rapid heart beat at all you see. Why im concerned that its not panick attacks is becasue inbetween each episode i feel the same symptoms all the time. My mind is empty, i have no opinion on anything, no interest on anything, no dream no ideas ... its like i don't even have a brain. my personality has changed dramatically. Most of the time im in such a daze i feel barely alive. I get up everyday after a restless nights sleep, with a constant dull headache, pressure behind my eyes, dry mouth, feel hungover, look hungover, and with no mind at all. lifeless. i wonder around the house not knowing what i want to do. I just dont want to do anything. i dont care about anything. i know this is depression but this constant empty mind is scaring me and the thing is im depressed because of this! because im not me and becasue i cant work to my full potential. becasue i cant enjoy anything. im failing at uni but i dont even care anymore, and when i try and do work now its so hard to pull something together. and ontop of that it doesnt even make sense, its a mess.

im only 20 but i cant help but think dementia or an undetected tumor. honstly i can't exagerate enought how ill i felt in the head today when i was confused and couldnt think. consequently, i cant help but think that its something serious.

If anyone have any information on these symptoms or just anything at all it will be greatly appreciated as i want to get to the bottom of this.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking any medication?

These episodes sound really strange, i get like a mild form of what you get, i feel tired all the time, wake up feeling like I've had 20 pints the night before, i get confused easily and sometimes cant remember things at all, i cant even muster the effort to do anything at all...my partners basically been looking after me for the past few weeks... I'm only 24 but i think my symptoms are due to the fact i take medication for my panic disorder.

If your not on medication then yes, i would be worried also. I've had the same symptoms as yourself during a panic attack, sweaty palms, dizziness, legs shaking and weakness but i also got the rapid heart and hyperventilating, but your symptoms seem to be to the extreme.

To be honest it sounds like severe depression with some funky side effects. I personally would go see a different doctor who's going to listen to your concerns and not come up with an easy prognosis to try convince you that its your panic attacks.....I've never heard of these other symptoms coupling with panic attacks.

if i can help any more or you have any questions please feel free to ask and i will endeavour to help you as best i can.

Danielle

• Posted

Carl

Having suffered with anxiety attacks for 15 yrs I can assure you this is anxiety I have exactly the same types of episodes from time to time. Literally feel like I don't know how to do anything even the simplest of tasks. I have the same feelings of things feeling far away or magnestised. I some times look at my hand and think its not attached to my body. Its called something like disattachment its caused by your mind being in a hyper anxious state. If it were dementia you would have no idea that the way you were viewing things is abnormal. Also they wouldn't be episodes it would be a permanent problem. I struggle with short term memory and have previously been convinced it was dementia. My grandma had dementia what we feel is definitely not dementia. To balance it if you do feel something is wrong physically then return to your dr and seek a second opinion if you are not satisfied. Ive had every brain related test and I have neither a tumour or dementia. But I fully understand why you would feel like that as I have and on occasion I still do. I hope it is of some comfort that you are nog alone in your feelings.

Take care

Natalie

• Posted

Also I have the same symptoms of feeling floaty dizzy lightheaded and pressure behind the eyes and in my head. And feeling like this on a permanent basis plus the fear of serious illness and death causes low feelings. Feeling like your not going to be normal feel balanced feel lucid even ,puts you into a depressive state. Are you on any meds at all??

• Posted

It sounds like health anxiety to me too not just panic attacks. There are some meds which are better than others. Sertraline with the lowest dose of amitrypline works well for me. I had an issue with a dodgy batch a month back but am virtually back to normal now. Occasionally having episodes but certainly not in a hyper anxious state or depressed like I did get.

• Posted

I have the same symptoms with anxiety, these seem like normal symptoms to me!!
  • Posted

Hi ive similar symptoms too im been like this since 5mth ago jus came on me all sudden. Was perfectly fine until one morning wen bang floaty slow heart rate diarrhoea then fast heart dizzy and literally thought was gpin t collapse. In and out hosp since docs thought it was cardiac related even ended up in ccu scary. Given beta blocks but had bad reaction so stopped then gave me xanax n citroprolam botb ive stol not takin tok afraid. But ive been battling on every day went bak t work month ago. I work in hospital so i can pick my days but sum days i feel v lightheaded and ive been getting chest pains i also get tingling in hands and round my mouth. Seriously wtf?? Not sure if u same but u need t try retain ur brain i to positive thinking and also deep breathing is excellent hope this mite help as i no wat its like ans ain't funn whatsoever

• Posted

I'm a 40 year old female and had anxiety for years but this health anxiety is at it's worse , I too have had panic attacks and racing heart rate I take propronolol 10mg but doesn't stop me worrying bout my health . At this very moment thinking I'm going to die from heart failure as I'm getting a pain in my shoulder which radiates down my arm up my neck and face and head only on the left side . I'm absolutely convinced it's either my heart or a tumor in my lung . I'm considering having can't, but concerned that if the doctor knows I suffer with health anxiety he won't believe any thing I may go to him with .
  • Posted

Go to A&E then....honestly if your that worried and your worried your doctor wont believe you, go to A&E

best advice i could offer.

Danielle

• Posted

I could say its all the anxiety mimicking what you think may be up with you but i know its not going to be enough for you if your that convinced....sorry for the abruptness before by the way....I too suffer from panic attacks and am always concerned about my health, whenever something new pops up the only thing that convinces me I'm ok is going to see the doctor or A&E, the most recent one being my kidneys started aching when i was having a panic attack, turns out nothings wrong and it went after a couple of days........also had abdominal pains and my heart felt like someone had punched it, thought id permanently damaged my heart or something, again this payed on my mind until i went to A&E....turns out id just strained all these muscles having so many panic attacks, they gave me diazepam and after 4 days of no panic attacks the pains went away.

So i guess I'm trying to say i understand what your going through, and i know that if you keep at it people stop believing you.....its not that the pain isn't real, it just might not be what you think....your brain is basically coming up with worse case scenario and because of your panic disorder your more than willing to believe it and you will come up with any explanation to disprove suggestions from anyone else about what it might be.....honestly i do know.

So the best advice i can give is to do whatever will put your mind at rest......obviously if you can convince yourself its not as bad as you think then that's great and your closer to overcoming your health disorder......but honestly i don't see any health benefits stressing yourself out and making matters worse.

Hope this helps

Danielle x

• Posted

Totally agree with all of the above. You are in an anxiety state. That is all. I have had all of your 'symptoms' before, checked them out, nothing wrong with me. It is a very, very convincing illusion generated by your mind being in an anxiety state. It is looking for what is 'wrong' and can't find anything (because there is nothing 'wrong' with you). It then starts examining every little feeling of discomfort in your body and declares it as a possible emergency. It sees everything as catastrophic. So all your thinking is catastrophic. Your body listens to the mind and cheerfully pumps out another dose of adrenaline. This causes your body to have weird symptoms (affecting practically every part of the body and the cycle goes round and round again. You are literally freaking yourself out (not intentionally).

As is said above, if you need to disprove what your mind is telling you (and that's what you need to do) then go to the doctors and get checked out. After doing this a few hundred times you start to get the idea that you are being hoodwinked by anxiety and needn't do it anymore.

It is SEEING THROUGH the illusion of the anxiety state that gets you out of it!

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.