I need diazepam , but refused.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am an 80 year old male, and suffered severe anxiety in 1974 and was prescribed a drug called Tranxene for 30 years, which enabled me to live a reasonably normal life.

In 2004 tranxene was withdrawn from manufacture, and after many weeks of anguish I was prescribed Diazepam, which helped me over the next 10 years, until my GP withdrew it and prescribed many alternatives which gave me terrible side effects and left me in a total anxious state to this day.

I am now desperate, my life is just an existence, and I know that just 5mg per day of Diazepam would give me a life back but to no avail.

At my age I do not have many years left, and feel the NHS is cruel.

I am trying to obtain some Diazepam by any legal means I can think of, but seems this is frought with danger, and I have tried all the alternative medications on offer without benefit.

Any help or advice would be so welcome, i am nearing my wits end.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Very sorry to hear this meldrew. Have you considered natural remedies for your anxiety?

• Posted

Maybe the doctor stopped prescribing you a certain drug because it heals in short term but hurts in the long term. I suppose you should speak to your doctor about it. Its good to ask questions and to come to an agreement with the doctor on certain medications.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.