I need experiences of trazodone

Posted , 10 users are following.

i asked about trazodone and very few replies. is there anybody else using it for anxiety and depression? Not sure if its working, just need information

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Anna, I have been taking trazadone for many years for sleep. I need to be ready for sleep so to speak because if I am awake after it first kicks in I miss the threshold and stay awake although I may be groggy. What do you want to know? I'll help if Ican.

• Posted

did you have anxiety and depression together with insomnia or do you use it purely for sleep? I am taking it in the hope it will work but i would like to hear if anyone found it took a long time to kick in, or if anyone had stomach problems on it. thank you

• Posted

I have anxiety and depression but I only use trazadone for sleep. It usually takes about an hour to kick in. But as I said earlier once it kicks in I had better be ready to go to sleep because after and hour or so I don't sleep. I just go into a zombie zone.

• Posted

I was offered Trazodone but refused it because one of the side effects was ringing in the ears and as I'm prone to tinnitus felt it too risky. My husband used to take Trazodone but it didn't work for him, you have to give some of them quite a time before they kick in.

• Posted

Valerie, interesting that you say you are prone to tinnitus. What medication gave you that and did it resolve after quitting? I got it from Amitriptyline and it's driving crazy 😦

• Posted

no am not using that one am using Venlalic XL 300mg

• Posted

hi. i just signed back in after several months. anxiety and depression sufferer here. I'm on brand effexor xr 150 for anxiety, and because my sleep had been horrible the last several years, I've been orescribed 50 mg of trazadone. i take it every single night no matter how tired i am.

basically, i was waking up 2-4 times a night with panic. my sleep schedule was so bad and I couldn't get back to sleep. I would just toss and turn all night long.

for a while I was taking Ativan but I didn't want that to become habit-forming. my doctor then prescribed me Klonopin. I didn't want to take that either long-term. so my aunt told me about trazodone so I ask my doctor about it and she was going to suggest that if the Klonopin wasn't working. I take it every night before I go to bed and I have no trouble falling asleep and it keeps me asleep. I still do wake up at 4 a.m. but I fall back to sleep. when I first started taking it I had a headache every morning for about a week. I'm a migraine sufferer so that wasn't fun. they never turned into migraines though. my body adjusted and I virtually have no side effects in the morning now. I actually think it helps with my effexor. way back when doctors would prescribe trazodone and people would take it during the day. I don't know how they walked around and functioned because it really zonks you out.

I don't notice any weight gain on it and it's non addictive unlike Klonopin and Ativan. I hope that helps you. it's a good medication for nighttime and sleeping. I don't recommend it for the day at all!

• Posted

it is making me feel very sick even though i can sleep i dont think i can stand it

• Posted

Hi ann

i have been taking trazadone 200mg alongside fluoxitine 40mg for anxiety and depression for seven months and ive found them amazing-both my depression and anxiety have drastically reduced and im also sleeping better. Absolutley no side effects either. i wish you the same luck with it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.