i need friendly advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm 29 and have had a few issues over the years, depression, anxiety, paranoia, self harm and according to my doctor at one point delusions. I took myself off meds sometime ago and have coped and enjoyed feeling real emotions. Recently I seem to have been seeing things, I see the food I'm eating and its is rotting and putrid, embarrassingly this happened at work I was half way through a ham roll, looked at it green and slimy, so spat it out and threw up what I had eaten. I keep seeing this and I can even smell the rot, in a way I know a can't be right but still I'm avoiding much food as I am afraid of getting ill. I have knowbody else to talk to I can't trust work friends.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

no but I saw another thread and it helped the girl who had fear of vomiting so it may help you as well if you can get to the root of the problem with the hypnotist.

food for thought!

rich

• Posted

My friendly advice would be to go back to your doctor for an opinion and help. Your delusion with food is affecting your life, and the fact that you can't trust your friends could be the start of paranoia. It wouldn't do any harm to ask your doctor for advice.
  • Posted

It sounds to me like you need to go back on anti psychotics quickly! You and I both know the food is not the problem. You are having hallucinations sweetheart. It is horrendous to have them, and it is interfering with your work. Get back on meds so you can keep your job and keep your mind.

I wish you all the best honey. Hang in there. You are not alone. x

• Posted

My son also got 'olifactory hallucinations'.  We had to turn off the heat in the house in December (the middle of winter where we are), and open the windows because he smelled fumes. We had to throw things away on the back deck for the same reason. I wish I could tell you what worked for him, but the moderators always delete those posts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.