i need good experience Urologist in Orlando area

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have enlarged prostate problem,currently i use a spanner(prostatic stent) to pee,it works. But need every 4 weeks go to urologist's office to change ,it is painful and easy to get infection.

I need find a permanent solution,my currently Urologist can not perform Laser Turp ,could any one recommend a good Urologist in Orlando area who has good experience in Laser or Urolift or Rezum procedure.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Never knew they had a method of placing a stent in for the prostate.
  • Posted

Is it your request for a Laser procedure, or is your urologist recommending it?  

There are different Lasers used for prostate material removal.  About a year ago, I was told my a urologist that i need TURP.   I asked about GL (GreenLight laser), and he agreed to do it.   I had it, and I've been totally incontinenet ever since, and it's awful.  I've gone to surgery two additional times, trying to correct the problem with no success yet.

If you're going to to have a procedure, make sure that the person doing that procedure is highly trained for that specific procedure.  Ask how many of the procedures they have done, and how many in the most recent year.  Ask about any bad outcomes, as well as their success rate.

• Posted

Hey glenn,so sorry to hear this awful things happened to you,make me very nervous to think doing Laser Turp.My urologist does not recommend any thing for me at  this point.
  • Posted

Look up dr scionti. He is in Sarasota. He does FLA, HIFU, TURP...pretty much up on all the latest procedures. He might be able to help you or point you in the right direction. He will also look at your medical records and do a phone consultation at no charge. (At least he did with me).
  • Posted

I just had the iTind procedure by Medi-tate and it worked very, very well for me. Much less invassive or traumatic than TURP, TUNA, Rezum, etc. because it does not damage surrounding tissue. Recovery was very easy. A little bleeding and burning and that was it. No Foley. Immediate relief.

Right now it is available in South Carolina or New York. If you don't mind traveling a bit and you qualify you can join the clinical study for free. It is very safe and has not had any negative side effects like incontinence or sexual dysfunction.

It is a bit similar to the Spanner as it is a stent, but it is in for only 5-7 days and then it is removed. Once and done. It makes permanent channels for urine to pass through the prostate. Google it and call the study coordinator. She is excellent and they use th etop urologists in the country. Let me know if you need contact info.

• Posted

Hey Bobby, you are the first I have heard from that has had the iTind procedure. How long ago did you have it done? Please give us monthly updates on your progress as some procedures seem to work well at first and then months later start to fail. I hope iTind proves to be a good answer for men.
    • Posted

Interesting.  I had laser turp.  My urologist used the thilium laser.  I have some scar tissue due to the surgery so my stream is not what I would like, but at least I get by.  I am very interested in the iTind procedure.  Please share additional info.
    • Posted

Hi Bobby,that 's great news! My urologist told me my prostate size like apple,plus I am 76 years old,do i qualify for iTind ? 

• Posted

The problem is that our prostates keep growing. So far the iTind has been in use internationally for 5 years. Nobody has had to have it repeated so far but in theory it could be repeated. The worst that has happened is that for a few fellows it did not work or the stent slipped and had to be removed. Not every prostate is the right size or shape. Also, most men have other conditions or what is called comorbidity that can effect results.

If I had to do this once every 5 years I would gladly do it because there was so little trauma to surrounding tissue that there was very little actual recovery. It was annoying for 6 days while it was in but not painful. Like a pebble in your shoe. Plus a little burning when I urinated, but that lasted maybe 30 seconds.

The day it was removed was pretty easy. About 15 seconds of discomfort while they pushed the catheter into the prostate to remove the stent but you just power through it and keot breathing to relax as much as possible. Then AHHHHHHHHH! A little bleeding and a few very small blood clots and then ot was over. Four hours later there was no more urgency, easy to start a stream, no start / stop, no dribbling, and I was finally emptying my bladder to the point I could relax. Four days later I went to a fundraiser where I drank wine, beer, soda and coffee and DID NOT NEED TO USE THE MEN'S ROOM ALL EVENING. I left my home at 5:30 and got back home after 10 PM and used the toilet then. That was over 4 1/2 hours between visits.

I used to go 16-18 times a day, always had urgency, hesitent stream, start/stop, and was up 3-5 times a night. Now I get up once a night and that is my fault because I drink tea at night after dinner. Now I go maybe 8 times a day and average 3 hours between trips. I bet I could write my name in the snow again!!!!

I am urging anyone in the USA on the east coast to apply to be part of the clinical trial. They will screen you and at least you will be seen by a top urologist at a teaching hospital.

• Posted

One of the problems of these chat boards is that we are patients, not doctors. I hesitate to give anyone else qualifying advise. It will only cost you a phone call or an e-mail to contact Medi-tate. They are the experts and will screen you for suitability. They will not take you if you do not qualify because they only want you to succeed. If it is not right for you they will tell you. But they are the  best at determining suitability.

So call them. You have noting to lose. Google Medi-tate and iTind to find their web site.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.