I need help!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last night my panic attacks and Thanatophobia kept me awake, I've now been awake for just over 32 hours, it's made my anxiety and panic attacks so bad I've started to consider self harm and suicide.

I don't want to consider these and I don't like being the way I am, I've cried so much today it's unreal, feeling some depersonalisation, like I'm looking at my life from the outside.

I'm absolutely terrified and distraught, I don't know what to do anymore.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dannie, if you've not done so already I suggest you go see your GP, having no sleep for so long is debilitating and having thoughts about self harm or suicide is something you need to address through professional help.

If you get desperate you could contact your local mental health crisis team who will help you, or contact the Samaritans.

When I get periods of insomnia I buy over the counter sleep aids which help me get to sleep but you may need something stronger, but get help! 

Neil 

• Posted

Hi Dannie

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so unwell.

I can completely relate to the panic, anxiety and insomnia and know how awful it can be. Over 18 months ago, I had post concussion syndrome after a head injury that gave me the most awful anxiety and panic attacks. This led to very severe insomnia, over a period of several months which culminated in about a week and a half where I didn't sleep at all. It was dreadful and my severe anxiety led to the most horrendous mental breakdown.

I wasn't hospitalised but was close to it. After being offered antidepressants, which in hindsight I should have taken, I was given all sorts of other psyhotropic medication including an antipsychotic for the anxiety which left me with an awful side effect of tardive dyskinesia - a permanent movement  disorder.

Please let your doctor advise you and don't be scared to take antidepressants. They saved my life and got me sleeping and anxiety-free after the experience from hell. Best wishes and look after yourself - please get to the doctor's a get it sorted out sooner rather than later. Take care. xx

• Posted

So I ended up going to A&E to see the mental health prevention team, I was an absolute mess! In the 10 or so years I've had these mental illnesses I've only ever been like this twice.

I'm still not 100% right, still getting the odd panic attack and feelings of utter dread.

I was given diazepam 2mg by the hospital and can take up to 6 a day, taken 3 so far and 3 40mg propranolol.

I have to save 2 diazepam for bedtime or I won't sleep but this anxiety is getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.