i need help,,

Posted , 4 users are following.

im depressed now for 2weeks coz i didnt know what really happened to me, im suddently cant sleep anymore before i got sleep for 6 hours sometime 5hours, but now i dont know if im really sleeping, i see dreams different kind of dreams, im so confused if im halucinating or really dreaming, i feel im only closed my eyes and not sleep, then suddenly my eyes got open,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

Sleep deprivation will have an affect on us if not addressed. 

Has  there been a life event recently that has changed the way you so life?

A change in medication or treatment. 

Is there anything you can think back on that may have affected your ability to relax and enjoy a good night sleep?

• Posted

Hi Ninet,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so low.

I suspect that what's going on here is that you are really sleeping, but it feels as if you're not. Try googling Sleep State Misperception. It's a very common condition - I used to get that way myself when I was young and sometimes got anxious and depressed.

We tend to focus more on our dreams when we're in an anxious state, and I agree they can be quite intrusive. However, vivid dreams are nothing to worry about.

I expect you went through some kind of stress recently that temporarily threw your sleep pattern off balance. The best thing is to explore what happened and try to deal with it yourself, while accepting that your sleep will be a bit disturbed for the next few weeks or months. Poor sleep isn't actually harmful, though it can make you feel tired. After all, new parents often go through years of poor sleep with no ill-effects, don't they?

If you really can't get to grips with this yourself, then you need to see a doctor. The best treatment for this kind of condition is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, but most doctors prefer to prescribe antidepressants. Since these tend to depress REM sleep (the phase in which we dream) they deal with the vivid dreams. However, antidepressants often have unpleasant side-effects, and it can be very difficult to stop taking them.

To summarise: try to address what's going on in your life at the moment, without getting panicky about your current poor sleep; and if this doesn't work, see a doctor.

• Posted

hi,,thank you very much for reply, this is the first time, happen to me im aware before that i had anxiety, im easy to get panick and nervous, this start last oct, i had a acid reflux, so every night i feel hot inside my chest thru my throat and nose, im very disturb that time, i dont know what to do, after a week, even my sleep got affected, actually my sleep pattern is i will sleep at 1am to 9am with no disturb,i am very deep sleep person..now my sleep get change start from 6hours to 5hours and also happened no sleep for 24hours, now im condused if im really sleeping at night, coz every time my mom moved, im aware of that, im 29yrs old single woman,im stayed at home whole day, im not sociable person. i have no much friends,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.