I need help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on standard mobility for just under a year now but it was through a reconsideration i was placed there.

I had a esa assesment at home as i cant travel, the man who did my assesment asked me what pip i was on and when i told him standard mobilty he told me he couldnt believe i was only on standard because of the lack of my mobility he said in his opinion i should be on enhanced rate he was going to recommend i went in the support group and suggested i get the esa full medical report and send it to pip as he thinks they have made a mistake.

My point is i have the esa medical report if i send it in will they change it on the medical evidence or would i have to have another reconsideration before they decide

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi from other threads I have read they have been saying that it is likely for you to have to go through another reconsideration go to your local cab they will have the best advice for you
  • Posted

First of all the guy who carried out your ESA assessment at home should never have said what did say. He works for Maximus, not the DWP and he certainly is not a DWP decision maker.

He can recommend whatever he likes to the DWP as regards going into the SG. The DWP make the final decision and do not always agree with the assessor.

As for his comments about PIP - the guy is a moron - is opinion is worth nothing. 

The ESA assessment report may or may not make any difference to the opinion of the PIP decision maker. You may well find that you have to undergo another assessment if you claim that you should be on the enhanced rate of mobility.

Talk about ESA assessors trying to make themselves sound more important than they are - it's ridiculous.

• Posted

Thanks for your comments but can i ask why you seem angry in your reply. I didnt accept what he said as truth and i only wondered wether it might make a difference. Im not asking for a reconsideration. I wouldnt go through the traumatic event of pannick attacks waiting for them to come to my house again. All he meant was that based on what he saw with my mobility i should definately go onto enhanced pip. I just asked wether i would be accepted without another reconsidderation, the other lady who replied to me gave me what she thought was a genuine answer. This is why i dont come on here a lot cus i ask a simple question and get trodden on by others
    • Posted

Hi I just wanted to say just ignore the negative comments and just do what you feel is best for you cab was a great help to me
    • Posted

Thanks your the person i was on about goving genuine answers x
    • Posted

Thanks I have recently been to a tribunal as pip decided to award me nothing but I went to tribunal and I won at enhance rate for both components this was a great relief to e the cab lady worked out what I should be award but it was only her opinion but everything she said was right and they awarded me what she had predicted
    • Posted

I'm sorry if I came over negative or angry.

That isn't the case. It really winds me up when those that are the least qualified offer advice and opinion. It can and does lead to people actually believing what they say is what should happen.

I was only pointing out that here you probably have a nurse,midwife or maybe paramedic giving what appears to be a professional opinion on something that they are least able to decide. The only person that makes those decisions are the DWP decision makers. 

To be honest I have had 15 face to face assessments since 1995 - 6 for Industrial Injuries Benefit, 2 for ESA and 7 for DLA.

Of those well over 75% I believed that I should have received an award based on my disabilities if the assessor's opinion meant for anything. As it was only 6 decisions were successful. The rest were obtained through appeal/argument/review but never at a Tribunal.

To answer your question, normally, if you claim a change in your needs under PIP, the DWP treat it as a complete re-assessment.

• Posted

As I have said elsewhere, there are welfare advisers and there are welfare advisers. Some good, some poor and most are in between.

I remember when I had my wife apply for Attendance Allowance 6 years ago. She had help from a charitable body to fill in the claim form. Obviously she failed and I appealed on her behalf. I turned up at the Tribunal to act for my wife as she was in hospital undergoing surgery to her liver. In attendance where these two women from this charity. I was told that they could not speak at the hearing but were there to provide moral support.

Well, after answering the questions put to me I was asked by the chair as to who had filled in the form. I pointed to the two women sat next to me - they did, why? Never mind, thank you for coming, the decision will be in the post.

Obviously the decision was a complete fail, but what upset me was that the chair had misheard what I had said and had assumed that I had filled in the claim form.

The comments made on the decision notice completely discredited me - It was said that I was a liar and could not be believed, I was giving my wife restricted drugs that had not been prescribed by the GP (Morphine) and basically my credibility was zero.

So thanks to these so called welfare rights people not only was my wife refused AA but that I was lambasted as a liar and a drug dealer - which I am not to both statements.

The day after the decision notice arrived I helped my wife fill in another AA claim form and some 5/6 weeks later my wife was awarded day and night rate indefinitely!! No assessment needed and no evidence, although the DWP did write to my wife's social worker and OT for a reference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.