I need help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered with eczema since being a baby and now I'm 30!! It is getting me so down like you wouldn't believe! I'm due to go on holiday in 5 weeks which anybody would want there skin glowing and I'm currently at the point where I'm at the doctors every 3 weeks with a bad flare up! My hands and feet crack, bleed and just feels and looks horrible, it gets me down so much!! When I get put on antibiotics it's fine but give it a week and my skin just breaks out! It's knocking my self confidence massively! On hot days here I have to cover up to hide it! I can't remember the last time I wore a top without trying to cover my hands or constantly wearing socks to hide my feet. My eczema seems to be like I'll have forever sad any help or tips would be great xxxx 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear about your suffering and combat against this annoying and frustrating disease that had also affected me in a very similar way during 20 years of my life.

I am not a doctor, so please understand that what follows is only a potential explanation as to what may be happening in your particular case, but your post has caught my attention when you mentioned that your eczema got better every time you were placed on a course of antibiotics.

There is growing evidence around the world that the cause, or at least the most aggravating factor in eczema, may be an antibiotic-resistant strain of the bacteria Staphylococcus Aureus. Simply type Eczema and Staphylococcus Aureus in your search engine to read about this recent discovery.

The reason why you can only get temporary relief is most likely this resistance factor to man-made antibiotics. Luckily, in nature, there are several plants that are believed capable of combating antibiotic-resistant strains of Staphylococcus Aureus. Among them, please feel free to read about Aloe Vera, Calendula, Turmeric, and St. John's Wort; please also feel free to dig even deeper through your own research if you want to find out about others. There are creams containing the extracts of these plants that are available through herborists and that may be more effective than any available current conventional treatment. However, very few if any have undergone complete testing on humans and if you decide to experiment, please understand that you are always taking a risk and are effectively making a human guinea pig out of yourself.

I was successful in curing my eczema with St. John's Wort tablets taken over a 6 month period, and have now been free of the disease for 4 years. You can read my story in the Alternative and Complementary medicine section of this forum in a post called 20 year case of eczema cured with St. John's Wort. Again, do your own diligence by reading about St. John's Wort as it may not be suitable for everyone, in particular if you are taking other medications concurrently. If you do elect to consider SJW for yourself and you have any questions, I will try to answer them as best as I can.

Good luck,

Greg.

• Posted

I cured my excema in my early 20’s by a fluke. Since I was 7 years old I’d had eczema very bad on my hands and feet, especially my feet. One day while skiing I was so upset I went outside and stood in the snow barefoot. I stood there for about 25 minutes to a half hour and melted all the snow around my feet all the way to the ground! A normal person could never have lasted that long standing on what is vertically ice. It was the breakthrough I was looking for. The itching almost immediately stopped and in a matter of days (keeping my feet and hands cold) my excema went into remission. Since then anytime I have flareups I put my feet in ice, the itching instantly disappears and if I keep my feet cold and as dry as possible the eczema just goes away. I’ve told doctors this but no one takes me seriously. The problem is heat!!! Somehow the nerve stimulation creates heat which creates the blisters. Once you’ve rid your feet and hands of the eczema the rest of the eczema on your body will go away on its own. The main places for eczema is your hands and feet. Fill some Ziploc bags with water and freeze them and hold onto them with your hands. You’ll be surprised how long you can hold the ice pack. If the excema is bad enough you’ll be able to melt the whole bag of ice. Put your feet in ice water. Put a towel next to the bucket and keep your feet as dry as possible once they’ve gotten them cold. “Keep” your feet and hands cold. As cold as you can take it at first. And then after your feet and hands have heeled you must keep your hands and feet cool for the rest of your life or it will return. And for heavens sake never ever scratch or rub your affected area! Scratching promotes the heat. It takes vigilance. You can’t let the tingle start or it can come back in a matter of minutes. When I get the sansation and the itchy feeling I don’t care where I am, I kick off my shoes and socks and wag my feet around to get them cooled off. Then I immediately head for an ice bucket as soon as possible. Heat is the enemy. Oily creams and lotions don’t help and trap the heat. Keep your hands and feet clean, dry and above all “cold!”  Eczema sucks! This is my cure. I’ve been excema free for 30 years. Just try it. You’ll see. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.