I need help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been talking100 gm of venlafaxine for bout a year now and i had to stop talking it my choice iam having really bad withdraws. What can i do to help it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You cant just stop taking it!! I weaned myself off it, I started doing it in April this year and the withdrawals were still horrendous! I’m now completely off ven but towards the end of the weaning process the doctor put me on  sertraline 50mg which contain non of the nasty stuff ven does and are non addictive, some days I still feel really low but I keep telling myself that just life,

It’s awful coming off ven but please don’t just stop, reduce your dose, do it in stages, you will know when it’s right to reduce again.. your body will tell you, good luck

• Posted

My Dr weaned me off of it. 225mg to nothing in 6 days! Due to health. The withdrawls are awful. I do t have any suggestions at the mo but I'm feeling your pain. X

• Posted

Definitely do not stop this medication abruptly. The withdrawal symptoms can be terrible and long lasting. Work with your doctor to wean you off this medication gradually. Even when you wean off the medication withdrawal symptoms can continue for weeks as they have for my husband so i like the previous post that said a doctor prescribed something to ease these symptoms. Also, my husband drank alcohol to try to deal with the withdrawal with was a violent combination. He became raged and violent and completely impossible to reason with. He also forgot everything that happened and felt bad leading to feelings of guilt and depression. Now, after 3 weeks of completely being off the medication and no longer drinking, he is finally feeling more normal and productive even finally working out. He believes that this is a terrible medication that should be taken off the market because of how debilitating it was while he was taking it and also how difficult it is to stop. Be encouraged though, It can be done! It just needs to be done carefully. Best wishes!
    • Posted

I think it should be taken off the market as well, I had a couple of bad experiences with alcohol as well so I stopped drinking altogether, I’m still on the sertraline 1 tablet a night and feel great, so glad your hubby is off them and is starting to feel normal again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.