I Need Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 44 years old, a mother of two great teenagers. I have been on Prestiq for years for depression. Premarin, a hormone pill for a hysterectomy I had about 15 years ago. Some type of HCTZ medicine for blood pressure. Vitamin D once a week for low levels. Vyvanse from my psychiatrist that I’ve been on for years for ADD or ADHD (I honestly have no idea which one it is). Recently, about two months ago, I started getting horrific headaches. My regular doctor had an MRI done. I was a bit concerned over these weird “dips” in in skull but she didn’t seemed concerned. She prescribed me topiramate in November and, although the headaches are a little better, I am now 113 pounds. I am only 5’2” and I look like I’m knocking on death’s door. I don’t know if the medicine can cause this but I even have difficulty forming or “finding”my words at times. My doctor didn’t seemed too concerned. I have had friends and family ask if I’m terminally ill I look so bad. Am I overreacting? I usually would just shrug stuff like this off but I haven’t weight this low since I was in the 9th grade.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.