I need help about what i should do...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I am a 32 years old man and I am worried after some health issues that Im going through. 1 month ago, I felt nausea and stomach ache. Within 2 days the pain in the stomach went down lower in the belly. I felt some contractions in my intestines and it was quite painful.

Worried, I went to see my GP, who was not sure what I had. He sent me to a gastroenterologist. I went to see the gastro enterologist for the first time 3 weeks ago. he touched my belly and deduced that I had irritable bowels. He prescribed me antispasmodics and asked me to do an ultrasound scan.

1 week later, my symptoms still persisting, I went for the ultrasound scan. I was then found a fatty liver, but I had so much gas in my stomach that the doctor could not observe my intestines. I also had a blood test that revealed that everything was perfect with my blood and enzymes.

In the meantime, I began to feel the desire to have a bowel movement almost all day long. i could go to the toilets 3 to 4 times a day with nothing getting out. One afternoon, during a stool, I noticed blood in my stools. so I went back to see my gastro enterologist with the results of my blood test and the ultrasound scan. He then examined my rectum with a digital rectal exam and had a rectoscopy on me.

Thanks to the rectoscopy, he then found hemorrhoids inside my rectum and told me that it was why i had blood in my stool. he then told me that my pain was due to an irritable bowels syndrom. Finally he told me that it was not worth it, doing a colonoscopy because of my exam results and my age and he sent me back home.

Today the pain in the belly is not that bad anymore but im still feeling the desire to have a bowel movement almost all day long.

My question is, should i trust the gastroenterologist? based on what he said or Do you think i should force him to send me to a colonoscopy? Do i have to worry?

Thank you for your help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am not a doctor, just my opinion. IBS can be painful and you feel like you have to go to bathroom a lot.... hemorroids also can make you feel like going to the bathroom and they can hurt a lot. I would not take the advice from your doctor and I would tell him you want a colonoscopy. This will take away any doubts you have. I listened to my doctor and canceled a colonoscopy, he told me I had a fissure and to cancel the colonoscopy. I went to my gastro doctor and told him I want a colonoscopy. I finally got one and had no fissure, I had rectal cancer.

Now I am in a fight for life with chemo and radiation... Please, don't let any doctor cancel or tell you not to get a colonoscopy. It could save you from what I am going through. Go for colonoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.