I need help. Chest pain for 1 year

Posted , 1 user is following.

I will try my best to keep this as short as I can!

My whole life i've been an anxious person, but I was able to control it. From ages 16-19 I would party a lot, drink on weekends, smoke weed everyday (I know not the smartest) and go on adventures and travel. Now the thought of drinking, smoking or traveling haunt me. 

After turning 19 I started getting weird chest pain, it was sharp and fast and would go away quick, after a month It finally got to me and I went to see a doctor, he said it was inflammation of the ribs, took pills for that and it didn't work. Had a bad episode a month later and went to ER thinking it was a heart attack, but they said it wasn't. SO I went back to my doctor and said it was anxiety, which is what I expected cause i've always been anxious and so is my dads side of the family. SO I started lexapro 10mg and .25mg of Xanax for panic attacks when needed. (I don't take the xanax cause i'm scared too).

After taking lexapro for a month it didn't help at all, and the chest pain was still there, and I had another bad episode and went to ER again, and same thing. I'm still on lexapro, and have been for 5-6 months and I'm going to try and get off it, cause it's only made me fatigue and dizzy.

2 Months ago I went to ER again for same reason, and same thing happened. I had blood work, chest x-rays, CT scan, EKG, and everything was good. So I went to a cardiologist about 2 weeks ago, and they did a stress test and a ultrasound of my heart (echocardiogram) and he said everything looks amazing and it's not heart related. 

But here I am making this status. My chest still hurts, not all the time, but it comes in waves. I'm constantly tired, dizzy, fatigue, etc. I get extremely anxious when I go out, when I try to smoke again or drink. I want my old life back, but my pain freaks me out and with a kid on the way at 21 it's stressful. 

Anyone have some help? All comments are extremely appreciated.

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.