I need help diagnosing my shoulder injury

Posted , 3 users are following.

To make a very long story short I was hurt on the job January 26th 2018. I fell about 11:50 directly on my right elbow, my left wrist, and my head. I was unconscious for a couple minutes but woke up Dazed and confused. After making my way to the hospital, 10 hours later, I was released shortly after with no major injuries. After about 20 X-rays and 7 cats cans we were shocked to learn that I had no broken bones. However, I just knew that there was something more to my right shoulder. It is now 2 months later and I am in a long lawyer to lawyer workers comp claim case so the care I have received has been minimal. I don't have personal insurance so the only doctor I've seen is the comp doctor and a physical therapist.

At first I was certain I had a rotator cuff injury because it is very difficult to lift my arm out to the side. But now that substantial healing has happened I notice that my anterior deltoid muscle seems to be hanging towards the front and the medial and posterior towards the back. The physical therapist was very perplexed because I had symptoms of a rotator cuff injury but I passed tests that I shouldn't have been able to. After hearing that I started questioning if it was more of a deltoid injury than a rotator cuff injury and I have found a picture online that resembles what I have going on. When I lift my arm perpendicular to my body it creates a horseshoe shape at the top of my humerus. The best answer I have found would be a grade 3 deltoid strain but I feel as if it may be more severe than that. I feel like the anterior deltoid may have completely separated from the medial, is that even possible? It is so hard to find information online about this specific question. I weigh about 220 pounds and landed directly on My Funny Bone from 11 feet. Is it possible for my deltoid muscle to have been split down the middle causing parallel symptoms to a rotator cuff tear?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Mike I would imagine it's absolutely impossible for anyone to diagnose your injury without you being Infront of you.

You need to go back to whichever medical professional your under and ask the same questions.

The internet is also not the best place to try and diagnose yourself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.