I need help. i do not know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 22 years old married woman. i have two fibroids 6cm and 5 cm in my uterus wall. i am suffering from very heavy bleeding with clots and a lot of pain.. i almost loose more than 110 oz every month which is leading to anemia. i can not try for pregnancy for another year.. some of reasons i do not live with my husband. my doctor says we can not perform myomectomy unless you try for pregnancy first besides your fibroids are small.

now i want to know are they realty small? i mean 5cm and 6cm is a small size?

and what do you guys do for coping up with very very very very heavy bleeding and abdominal pain and clots.? in my periods i can not walk, i have to change my pad every 15 to 20 min.

please help me.. i am not well financially so i want to do a job but with heavy bleeding it is impossible for me

please help me advice me what should i do.. how can i live with heavy bleeding

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Has you doctor tried Tranaxeamic Acid tablets for bleeding?

You could always look into Uterine arterial embolisation as an alternative treatment?

I have been having the same problems but m now decided to have hysterectomy,as luckily I already have 2 Fab boys.

I had considered embolisation but my biggest fibroid is 12 cm, and I believe they work better with smaller fibroids, so maybe you could research that option?

• Posted

thank you so much for reply..  my doctor did say that this process will eleminate most of my chances of getting pregnant. do you know what is the max size of fibroid which can be treated by Uterine arterial embolisation?
  • Posted

Not sure about the max size of fibroid I have heard different things.

Have you tried the tranaexamic acids they can help reduce bleeding.

You could research into fibroid diet...ive read some ladies on this forum raving about

changing to diets free from diary and meat have had massive reduction in fibroids.

The other option is to get a second opinion. ...?

My gynae didn't offer myomectomy but did offer to refer me for embolisation if I wanted any more kids.

• Posted

Hi, I was told by radiologist that the maximum size for embolism is 8cm but get advice.  They should also be giving you something to control your heavy bleeding x 
  • Posted

thank u all for reply

i have used tranaexamic acid for heavy bleeding but does not work anymore for me.. i want to have kids.. which option is best for me? myomectomy or embolisation?? which one is more suitable if i want to get pregnant in future

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.