I need help. I'm constantly anxious

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since may I have been suffering from anxiety, on and off. Then the last 2 weeks it's got worse. I don't feel right, sometimes I feel like I'm not really here, I'm convinced something worse is wrong with me. I get a lot of physical symptoms as well. I've had blood tests and ECG,s and they all come back fine.

But I think there's something wrong.

I just hate the feeling of not really feeling my self almost like I'm in a bad dream. I just want to feel myself again. I feel like I'm losing control

Can anyone relate or help me?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Have you ever looked into going to see you GP about anxiety? If you're not feeling yourself, then there might be something more that is happening? Don't be scared to go and find out as there are people there to help you. It is very scary when you don't feel right within yourself, but it's good you're able to recognise it and want to do something about it. Blood test and ECG's can help discover physical concerns but will not be able to tell you whether it is anxiety or not. The doctor will be able to tell you alternative help which may lead to you feelin better. When I first had anxiety I kept it a secret for a while because I thought that everyone worrys about things, so whats the difference with me. And I suffered from derealisation which makes you feel as though you're in a dream all the time and it isn't very nice. Then I went to my doc's and was told I have anxiety which made things a little clearer and easier to deal with. Nothing had to be hardcore, just having a chat with someone might help relieve how you're feeling at the moment.

Hope this helps

J xx

• Posted

Thank you, I must go to my GP and say about it. I guess I always feel silly. Or if I book an appointment I suddenly feel better then think I don't need to go. Have you ever taken any tablets to help you? I don't want to take them but if it helps it might be my only choice

Xx

• Posted

Honestly, going to the doc's never had to be hardcore. I put off going to the doctors because I didn't want to admit to myself that something may be wrong? And yes I know what you mean, I have good weeks when I completely forget I have anxiety, and then when I have a bad week, I feel like the whole world is falling apart around me - but it's completely normal to have anxiety for periods rather than constantly all the time (even though that is completely normal as well).

I've had generalised anxiety for as long as I can remember and I was diagnosed with a serve anxiety disorder 3 years ago, and I never taken any tablet in order to help. I have been recommended them for periods when I know I'll become anxious (leading up to an event) but I have never taken them - I would take them if I really felt as though I had to, but I don't like the thought of it being able to control how I feel, if that makes sense? I've been in therapy (CBT) for two years and I find that is a more effective method for me, and it is likely your GP may offer you that as a method of treatment. And it is not as scary as I thought it would be, I promise xx

• Posted

I will only take natural tablets to help, never any prescription drugs due to side affects and generally not knowing what you're actually taking! It sounds like your serotonin levels are low from what you describe, how is sleeping? can you get to sleep and if you can then how do you feel once you wake up?

• Posted

Hey Pete thank you for replying. I do take some herbal remedies which I do think help me it just still in the back of my mind I'm thinking what's wrong with me. I've googled my symptoms I very much think I have an healthy anxiety disorder as I'm obsessed with my health.

My sleep generally is pretty poor, I wake up a lot and have vivid dreams. I would prob say I have 3 bad sleeps a week.

Zoe

• Posted

Thank you for replying to me. It's nice to talk to others who experience the same as me. But I will make sure I get to the GP and tell them how I feel

Xx

• Posted

Which remedies do you take if you don't mind me asking? I did a lot of researching when I had problems and found low serotonin levels play a massive role in your mood and well being and sleep!

• Posted

You're more than welcome, it's a horrible thing to go through, and it is reassuring to know you're not the only one feeling certain ways.

Keep you're head up xx

• Posted

At the min I'm taking arsen. Alb. From holland and barret my homeopath suggested I got it until she's made me up a remedy. It's definitely made me feel a little bit more at ease. She thinks I may need something a bit stronger. How did you find out about serotonin levels?

• Posted

Hi Jess Sorry to but into this conversation but my husband has also been diagnozed with General Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and was put on Pregablin 4 weeks ago today .  He's had awfulside effects from this surred speech, cannot walk properly, bad depression all day - the list goes on ........  We are now down to 25mg in the morning and 25mg at night and waiting for his psychiatrist to phone us back today.  All we get from them is "eep taking the tablets" and they wont listen to us that its them thats causing all the problems ! As for CBT we asked and they said " he's not well enough yet " ! Literally hitting our heads against a brick wall sad   Glad to hear you're getting the correct treatment smile

• Posted

This is why I really don't want to take tablets. I've heard a lot of bad stuff. Maybe try weaning him off them and see a homeopath? Sad to hear what's he going through. Anxiety is awful. I get scared of going to the doctors as well because I don't want them to tell me I need tablets

Zoe xx

• Posted

Even if the Psyschiatrist says keep on them he wants to come of completely asap. PLEASE don't be persuaded to go on tabs smile

• Posted

Oh my goodness that awful, yes I am abit hesitant to take any medication just because I don't like the thought of it having effect on they way I think, and my mood. A family member of mine has depression and has been through hell and back on different drugs which have the potential to completely change the way she functioned. It's such a shame that they aren't listening to what you say, as I found CBT (and maybe more focused types of therapy) may be able to help your husband in a different way? Because anxiety is the way your brain interprets things around you, so I found cognitive behaviour therapy to be a very good way to try and recognise how to change they way you think about different aspects of your life? There are self referral companies which you can go to yourself without a referral from your doctor, I wasn't prescribed therapy, but my GP recommended it, and I was the one to call them myself and sign up. I hope this helps in anyway?

Keep me posted, I'm sure you're doing a great job, keep going, that's the best thing to do xx

• Posted

Hey, im suffering from derealisation too, if you want to get in touch just let me know! It might make both of us feel better relating to eachother. I feel like im in a dream and my vision is slightly blurred the whole time - it gets worse when im alone.
  • Posted

Hello!

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I can totally relate. My first bout with derealization was about 4 years ago after suffering from prolonged stress and anxiety. The derealization lasted a few months for me. Went away for about 3 years and my anxiety levels were pretty low. I'm now going through it again (for a few months this time too) after a horrible case of health anxiety. For me, it feels like nothing is real and I'm just in a dream. I brought myself out of it the first time by getting a job and pretty much just trying really hard to ignore it. This time around is proving to be much harder.

But I can tell you from experience, it does get better!

• Posted

Thank you for replying. Yeah I go to work and do my daily things and just try and ignore it. But then the moments when I'm alone and I'm thinking about ever part of my body and just feel detached from everything. Today's quite a good day, I haven't been too bad, I just now feel scared but I'm scared of feeling that feeling again if that makes sense xx

• Posted

Oh yes, it makes complete sense. Feeling like that is one of the worst things I've ever felt and being afraid of it happening again is normal. One thing that I do when i start to feel depersonalized is I go to the sink and run cold water over my hands. I don't know if it's because it's a different sensation or what but it kind of helps bring me out of my head and makes me feel more attached to reality.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.