I need help identifying my acne

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone! i'm a 22 year old female. I had acne pretty bad around puberty. It got much much better around 20 years old but for the last year or so it has been bad again! The acne I have now is different than my teenage acne. I have tried all kind of treatments, both oral and topical. I am currently doing the Curology program which pairs you with an actual dermatologist who customizes a formula specifically for you and your skin.. I have been doing this about 5 months and have seen so much improvement. I no longer have any red inflamed pimples. However I still have these pesky white dot looking things. These have not gone away or decreased at all since ive started getting them last year. They do have pus in them, and you cant really feel them much when touching my face. Does anyone know whats causing these? image

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

here is my current formula which is a topical cream image

• Posted

You could have a hormone imbalance. Ask for a blood test to find out, the best day to test is day 21 in your cycle. Try giving up dairy I find this can really help. Also cut out refined sugar and alcohol, if you have them. Try a low gi diet drink too.

As for topical treatments, the best thing I have tried is Paula's choice anti redness exfoliating solution. It contains 2 % salicylic acid which is very good for treating acne. If you use any sun cream or moisturiser on your face, make sure it is oil free. Always keep your hair tied up away from your face and make sure you change your pillow case every few days. I know it is really hard but try not to touch the spots because it can spread the bacteria.

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say try a low gi diet too, not low gi diet drink, that was a mistake!

• Posted

Acne is most common in girls from the ages of 14 to 17, and in boys from the ages of 16 to 19. Most people have acne on and off for several years before their symptoms start to improve as they get older. Acne often disappears when a person is in their mid-20s. In some cases, acne can continue into adult life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.