I need help identifying my acne

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had these two medium sized pimples on the bottom side of my face since March/April. For months I’ve tried to pop them, put creams and gel on them. I’m not even 100% they’re even pimples. They both feel hard when I squeeze them. I can see white stuff in one and black stuff in the other. Do you know what I may have?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They both sound like deep cysts, which have become clogged with sebum and debris and become infected......you need to see your doctor who may just give you antibiotics or may decide to remove them under local anaesthetic. Dont squeeze or try to pop them. The infection will spread

• Posted

It will be better to consult a dermatologist as the pimple has been around for a long time. The pimple's black stuff may be due to the chemical reaction (melanin oxidized) under the skin. You should avoid touching the pimple as it can cause scarring. Some scars may fade after some months, but some require special treatments like laser surgery to eliminate the scar. Always ensure to keep your face clean by frequent washing and consult a doctor for proper medication if the acne lasts long.

• Posted

yes, do not pick at the pimples as that creates risk of infection and scarring. Acne can emit a white fluid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.