I need help knowing wrong with my toe??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so about 5ish years ago I stubbed my toe nail on a close to the floor sofa and ended up splitting my big toe nail (never felt pain like it it hurtt) anyway I was told the toe nail would fall off and regrow. It didn't fall off or regrow. I have not been able to cut it for the past year or so and its nasty!! It's painful and more painful everyday. I need help!! I can't bare this anymore!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can you visit a chiropodist?
    • Posted

I visited my GP and was told it will fall off and regrow and it's done neither. It hasn't bothered me up till the start of the year and it's giving me alot of problems sad
  • Posted

I wonder if you have badly damaged the nail bed.    Wonder what you mean by nasty?
    • Posted

Remember the people on this board in general are neither doctors or medically qualified. If you are in pain you should see a professionally qualified person. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.