I need help to give up being a carer as I'm struggling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have suffered fibromyalgia since aged 16 due to circumstances. I was finally diagnosed in 2014, also have cfs and anxiety. I've tried claiming for pip but have been turned down 3 times now, I just can't cope with my job anymore, I've gone from 12hour days to 5 hour days, but still struggling, I get hit daily and my hands and arms are always crunched hard by my residents, lifting, bending down, bathing etc, I do this 4 days a week. I'm in agony all the time, I forget where things are and forget what I'm in the middle of doing. Please help me xxx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I work in the same job as you...I’ve found a move to community care very helpful as the patients are in their own homes so you get a break whilst driving and the company I work for are brilliant, I would advise you change jobs if you’re struggling and find a company that supports you, unfortunately fibromyalgia and arthritic conditions are not ‘pip friendly’ I don’t think many people get any luck there smile 
    • Posted

Hi hunni, thankyou so much for your reply :-D

I don't drive unfortunately, I ride a scooter and used to love the community but the bad weather is terrible to ride a scooter in. So changed to go into a care home, but now after 19yrs of care I'm really struggling xxx

• Posted

Have you considered a career change? Maybe something you can do from home like childminding or office work? 
    • Posted

We are applying for fostering in may, considering a 1 child long term placement 🤗😊😊xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.