I need help understanding my abnormal lab results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Blood results

I need Help with understanding blood results, please!

Do you see any connections or any further questions I should ask my doctor?

I have had 3 urine tests in the last month with 0.3 erythrocytes (should be negative), HI Bacteria (should be negative), and the tribe culture says “3 or more organisms present” and that it is probably contamination. But all 3 urine tests say that! And I did a mid stream sample and used the wipe they provided (I am female).

Blood results that are abnormal -

Platelets slightly high at 412 - should be 150-400

Erthyrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR)  is 53 and should be 2-30 mm/hr

Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT) is 66 - should be under 36 U/L

Urine creatinine is 27.2 and should be 2.5-20 Umol/L

Alpha 2 Globulin is 9.2 and should be 5-9 g/L

C reactive protein is 10.4 and should be less than 6 mg/L

Vitamin D is 67 and should be 75/250 nmol/L

I am constantly tired in the day, extremely fatigued, came off of cipralex 3 months ago which I was on for 10 months and gained 40 lbs (have never fluctuated for than 10-15 lbs in my life), and now recently am having pain that comes and goes behind my ribs in the back and in the lower abdominal around the sides/hips and a bit below the belly button,pressure on bladder, constantly needing to pee

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you possibly have a water/kidney infection x what has GP suggested? You also say Vit D is low what treatment are you on?

Go back to your GP and ask for a treatment plan!

• Posted

THANK you so much! I actually just had repeat urine test today and the 0.3 erthyrocytes which has been showing up the last 3 tests over the last month is now 2 (4x higher) and now I have 25 showing up for leukocyte esterase (should be negative and has never been positive in any urine tests I’ve ever had done.). Going to call my doctor but I’m the mean time do you have any further thoughts on this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.