I need help when in manic mode....

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any tips that will help me come out of one of my manic episodes? I can identify when I'm starting to spiral and most of the time I can pull myself out of it. But sometimes it gets away from me so fast that I struggle to remain sane and logical. My poor husband will get worried about me and if he gets upset it just irritates me more. My irritation overrides any empathy I would or should feel. Any tips would be welcomed! Thx! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I really feel for you. Unfortunately, each persons mania is different. What I found helped me was to stay home and not spend money because I would go out on big spending sprees. Also, I would do the opposite of what my inclination is to do. Self care is so important. I had to use meds. As I would go into psychosis. I was unaware that I was manic. All the best
    • Posted

Thank you for the input! I retreated from everything for several days so I wouldn't get out of control. I find that trying to convey to others what I'm going through mentally is exhausting especially when I'm trying to keep my impulses from taking over. I also have borderline personality disorder and I feel like I'm getting hit from all sides. I'm taking medication but it's not a foolproof fix. Sometimes I can't even stand to be in my own skin. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.