I need help with diagnosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need help! 3 weeks ago I got one rash close to my private parts. I didn't pay much attention to it because I thought it would go away. Few days ago I got more and more of these rashes. I now have a few more close to my private parts, one on my stomach, many on my chest and two on my neck. I know it's hard to diagnose through photos, but I really need help because my doctor is clueless (like usually). Could this be pityriasis rosea? Or is it some kind of ringworm?

I would really appreciate your help.

Here are some photos:

http://shrani.si/f/1g/JF/4MehuFDj/20150818183911564ios.jpg

http://shrani.si/f/3/30/RoVluCr/20150818184130392ios.jpg

http://shrani.si/f/1O/6e/2LxGHZjZ/1/20150818185109013ios.jpg

http://shrani.si/f/b/e2/1xIR23uy/20150818185330713ios.jpg

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Marjanca,

i will look at your photos in the morning and will tell you what I think.  I am sorry you are going through this.

Carole 

• Posted

Good morning Marjanca,

I tried to look at the photos of your rash and those JPGs dont open.

If you have another way of sending - do so - otherwise perhaps a vivid description would work.

Carole

• Posted

I will say that the areas you mention are suspicious for PR.  If you think of putting on a turtle neck Tee shirt that extends to mid thigh:  that is the area MOST likely to be invaded by PR.

These are itchy red dots that almost seem to be oval in shape, but not all of them.  They start out raised, almost looking like a mosquito bite, then become flatter, but always itchy, until they begin to fade and then the itching lessens until it is gone.  Personally, I felt slightly light headed or dizzy in the beginning stages. Also the itching becomes worse at night.

I hope this helps.

Carole

• Posted

Thank you for your answer. My dots do not itch at all. 

I'm used to feeling dizzy because I usually feel that way all the time, but I have noticed non stop dizziness in the past few days.

• Posted

Hi Again,

In the reading that I have done on PR, it states that not ALL cases of PR produce itching.  It also says that the  degree of itching varies.  Mine was very distracting, not as bad as poison ivy, a bit worse than a mosquito bite.

I suggest you see your primary care doctor and see what he or she thinks, to set your mind at ease.  Also,  not everyone gets the "herald" or "mother" patch.  The primary may recommend you see a dermatolagist also.  However, most cases of PR are found by the Primary care doctor.  

If your doctor is concerned, they will do a biopsy and rule out "syphillis".  As scary as that sounds, there is likely very little possibility that is your problem, unless you are living  "high risk" lifestyle.  If that is the case, syphillis is better caught and treated early on.  It is treatable.

Sigh.  try not to worry, just get some facts.  Carole

• Posted

HI,

OK, I looked at your pictures and compared them with the ones in "Clinical Dermatology 5th Edition, by Thomas P. Habif: also with pictures I took of my PR.

I am not a doctor, just someone willing give you my opinion.

This looks like Classic PR.  The elongated shape of the lesions fits the prognosis.

Please find my earlier posts and follow the regime I recommended there.  Don't go overboard.  We want to treat the thing, not aggravate it.

I am pretty clear of it now, but went through a lot of agonizing early on, not knowing what I had.  My 1st dermatogist was WRONG.  My regular doctor and I researched together and found the diagnosis.  My 2nd dermatologist confirmed our findings.

Good luck and feel free to write if you  have a need to.

Carole

• Posted

I should read things over.  I said it fits the "prognosis", I meant to say it fits the "diagnosis".  Sorry. Carole

• Posted

Thank you so much for your help! smile

I will read your regime and really stick to it.

Marjanca

• Posted

hi!mine is a bit smaller than yours.it also has water inside it.like a chixken pox.its very itchy.even in my senctive areas.its been 4mos and still have it. from neck to sole.derma said its pityriaris rosea.bcoz of the systoms.but its rare in my condition bcoz it has water.the xmas tree pattern also form at my back.after a month got blisstersband it all dried up but another batch started to appear again.until now.it will be gone and reappering.
  • Posted

I want to reiterate, taking really good care of yourself, in addition to following the regime is important. All the thing so we already know.  Eat fruits and vegetables, stay away from sugar, flour and white rice.  If you like rice, make it brown.  Skip the French fries and soft drinks.  Squeeze lemons into water and if you want it sweet, use stevia.  Clean up your diet, exercise, but don't go overboard, stay away from stressful people and get enough sleep.  Don't take hot showers  or get overheated.  Believe that you will get through this and PR will fade into your past.  I am completely free of it

now.  It took about 10 weeks.  Oh yes, the early lesions did have water in them.  Good luck kiddos.    I am thinking if you all and sending good energy.  Carole. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.