I need help with double incontinence without surgery, any advice?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am doubly incontinent due to detrusor instability and a bowel prolapse.  Unfortunately I cannot have surgery under general anesthesia because of a high sensitivity to scoline which causes me to lose my breath, and I have been informed that no surgeon will touch me with a barge pole as they will not take the risk of my death on the operating table.   So, I am hoping that my problem can possibly be resolved without surgery - any suggestions, advice or experience of this?   Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry, how old are you? do you have to wear diaper all day?

• Posted

Hi Marco, I am 61 years of age, and yes I have to wear incontinence pads all day and night
    • Posted

oh I'm really sorry for you, let me say there is nothing you have to be ashadmed of...

• Posted

Very true marco40483 I too have incountenance and wear depends, there is nothing you should be ashamed of
  • Posted

unfortunately their likely isn't many options beyond managing your condition the best you can I would think. As someone who deals with off and on urinary incontinence that I manage using incontinence briefs. I feel your pain if you have an questions about managing or anything like that I could at least try to answer as I have gotten decent at that at least 

• Posted

Well actually greengold4 tell georgina35550 that pelvic floor exercises is a good idea I do them and I am only 19 years old
    • Posted

I don't think with the issues she described as causing her issues pelvic floor exercises would have much effect much like they are not helpful in my case

• Posted

Well georgina35550 I too have incountenance, I do pelvic floor exercises, and they seem to help, may be should find a place that does pelvic floor exercises. I hope this was helpful. God bless you, and get well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.