I need help with my anxiety in my relationship

Posted , 5 users are following.

My anxiety is getting the better of me but I want to gain some advice on this. 

I asked my boyfriend last night why hes so private eith his phone. He has always been a private person ever since I've known him. Even with things like facebook. He said to me that he doesn't want issues evolving over messages read the wrong way. Not just by me but by other people too. Say if he talks to a girl thats a friend or something. I understand that completely.  He also said his ex gf snooped and always asked him who he was texting.

do you think these are valid points? How can i just trust him.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Simple question do you let him go through your phone?
    • Posted

That's a good point. But going thru someone's phone and using it r two different things. But that's the biggest issue with phones and snooping in today's society. Trust is not snooping ... Snooping is betrayal of trust..if u need to snoop in the first place it's time to rethink the relationship.
  • Posted

Sarah.. Drop him he is hiding something. Would u do that to him. No.. That's so protective that he may be exposed for things he may have hidden. 

He's not trustworthy. U really want this in UR relationship always naming at u?

if he can't share he not honest..

• Posted

this is really hard because while you feel he is hiding things he is also entitled to his privacy. but I totally understand why you feel the way you do. I am currently single after a relationship ended when I found out he was cheating and had been for months. I knew the password for his phone but never looked becsuse never thought he would do that. in hindsight now all the signs were there but I didnt see. its a truly horrible situation to be in the feeling that a partner is hiding something can drive you crazy.  its easy to say drop him but that denta your trusts becsuse you never know. 

my honest suggestion is speak to him tell him how you feel and if you are worried explain why and how its affecting yo. if he loves you are cares about you he will accept a proper conversation discussing it and do his best to alleviate your fears and to me this doesnt involve him showing you his phone. he needs to do this by talking to you showing you he cares xx

• Posted

I used to do the same thing just to avoid an argument,  nothin shuts be hidden from on e another, apart from Xmas presents lol, I see his point he doesn't want you concerned but if he thinks it would concern you then maybe he should trust the fact you don't mind.
    • Posted

It's basically hiding secrets.. Guarding is suspicious.. Ita an excuse to say trying to avoid a argument .. If there is nothing to hide then it's a open and honest relationship. Think before u speak ..think before u text... Speak / text reasonably and honestly there should be no issue.. Once that's done trust is not a issue..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.