I need help with my pain for months in upper left quadranf

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i need some advice or help please.

for past 6 months i have ongoing pain in the upper left quadrant area.

I have been back and forth with doctors, done blood test, stool test etc also was given some tablets to reduce acid..nothing has helped..

after i eat i get pains and every night when i lay down i have pains.

i am on a never ending waiting list for an endoscopy or something its called with the gastronology deperatment

i am getting really fed up of this all now and need some help.

has anybody else had this? what is it? as my doctors seem to not know or frankly care..under the covid umbrella they just seem to shun people away.

the pain i get is sharp..sometimes lasts hours then goes away to return a day later or after a meal. i cannot lay on my left side as it hurts if i do. when the pain starts the upper left quadranr feels tender

the pain i would say is under my left chest under my rib cage on the far left of my body more near the side of my body. i have been told it may be my stomach. what or why nobody knows.

i also notice i burp and pass wind a lot more and i have to walk after i have had a meal to burp a bit so i dont feel so bloated.

I am going toilet fine and my appetite seems ok too. I have cut out junk food and caffeine.

I do not drink nor smoke.

anybody else have these sort of symptoms?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

anybody??

• Posted

is this forum active?? or have i put this in a wrong place

• Posted

Hi @navfr -

Do you eat dairy? If so, I would try and cut it out to see how you feel. I don't eat dairy anymore but when I did I would get these pains in my side from time to time. I am not a doctor or have any medical background but I feel like this may be dietary? I know some of the big culprits that can cause this type of pain are gluten, dairy and sometimes soy. I think cutting out junk food is a good move. Maybe eliminate dairy for a few weeks, if that doesn't change anything eliminate gluten, etc..

I hope you find relief soon -

Liz

• Posted

it could be gastritis, ulcers or h pylori bacteria. get the endoscopy as soon as possible...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.